addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Barcelona Gamestorming and Meeting Facilitation Group Message Board › Coursera free open course about gamification

Coursera free open course about gamification

Jordi V.
jovarela
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 1
Coursera MOOC (Massive Online Open Course) is offering a free online open course about this subject.

If you're interested, see you at: https://www.coursera....­ smile
Oliver B.
obmd
London, GB
Post #: 1
"This subject" is Gamestorming, not Gamification per se. ;)

Granted, there are certain game mechanics at the core of Gamestorming activities. The concept of Gamification, however, especially as I understand it from the course syllabus, is about motivating people's continuous and recurring engagement with processes other than games themselves, e.g. brand loyalty programs or collecting points for frequent health check-ups, etc.
Jordi V.
jovarela
Barcelona, ES
Post #: 2
Well, with "this subject", I wanted to mean "the post subject" not "the group subject" sorry.

But I like your point.

I don't know for sure at this moment because I'm only into the week 2 of 6 of the material. But gamification seems to refer to the use of game design techniques into other contexts to achieve some objectives. They make a huge distinction between play and game: you can play with your pencil, and this can be relaxing, but indeed is not a game.

Games involve fun (with the exception of serious games), and this fun is the engagement that they study to try to put into other contexts.

Its not only about points, marketing and fidelity campaings... it can be a behaviour change too: http://news.drive.com...­, or resistence to change/education: http://office.microso...­

About gamestorming, and taking into account the last sessions (of the amazing group gamestorming barcelona ;-)) where I was, I think that gamestorming don't make this distinction and use both play and game techniques to arise the creativity and maximize the space of exploration of the ideas/brainstorming.

Probably gamification are interested only into a subset of gamestorming techniques, and probably it seems more oriented to the long term engagement. On the other hand, Gamestorming seems more oriented to harvest ideas for the inception or decision phases.

We will see along the course ;-)