LAST MINUTE LOCATION CHANGE: from the Google to ImmobilienScout24
this meetup would be part 2 of the LÖVE for Android game apps workshop.
Ideally you'll attend this after attending pt. 1, but you can also come just for this workshop and get a your mini-version of the game app.
Make sure to fill out this: http://goo.gl/forms/71jI7VMUuo
In this workshop you will:
1. Program simple games in Lua on you laptop.
2. Individualize the games with own code and own choice of visuals and sounds.
3. Port the games to Android smartphones or tablets.
How to prepare:
1. Download the open source LÖVE game engine ( http://love2d.org (http://love2d.org/) ) for your platform (Linux, Mac OS X or Linux).
2. If you are on Windows and don't have a text editor besides regular Notepad, download Notepad++ ( https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/ ).
3. (Optional) If you like to scribble, draw a cat and mouse or any other characters in a hunter-hunted relationship to be used in your game.
Who is behind the workshop:
We teach girls and women beginning programming skills by developing simple games with them for smartphones as part of the "Einstieg Spiele-Programmierung" workshop, which we translated to be useful for Women Tech Makers.
About Women Techmakers Berin Startup Scene sessions:
Throughout our journey, we will split into 3 teams, each doing a different product, that will stay until the end of the sessions. We will think of it, plan it, design it, implement, fix, implement again, update, and implement once more, to see how is it in real life.
To have more sense in this process, please attend the workshop only if you plan to attend the future ones as well. No special requirements for the lectures, there are more spots available.
Join our facebook group to stay in touch and get all the updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1106085959408694
Want to contribute on this or other subject?
Contact me in private
Berlin WTM Lead