As part of the global initiative from the Google Dart (https://www.dartlang.org/) team, Dart Flight School (https://www.dartlang.org/events/2014/flight-school/) with AngularDart is coming to the DC area! Come to a session by Googler Jason Brooks who will get us into the new way of building modern web apps
• 6:30-7:00pm: Networking
• 7:00-7:45pm: "Getting Started with Dart" by Jason Brooks
• 7:45-8:00pm: Break and preparations for Code Lab
• 8:00-8:45pm: Dart Code Lab (please see the takeoff checklist below)
Code Lab Takeoff Checklist
• Laptop with Git and Dart Editor installed
• If it's a Windows machine, make sure it is NOT XP.
• (Optional) Android 4.0 phone/tablet + USB cable.
• (Optional) Chrome on Android
Jason Brooks (https://plus.google.com/103097971152794200257/posts) is a Software Engineer on Google’s Politics & Elections team in Washington, DC. His team works to improve access to the world’s civic information through search, developer APIs, and elections-related applications on google.com/elections. Jason is the front end lead for Google’s election products and is most recently focused on building rich visualization apps using Dart.
Capital One Labs (https://capitalonelabs.com/) is A Passionate Team Of Entrepreneurs Who Are Reimagining The Way More Than 60 Million People Interact With Their Money.
Parking is tricky and Metro is ideal. The location is right across Clarendon Metro in Orange line. Folks can pay to park in the Trader Joe's garage off of Garfield, or there's (hard to find) street parking.