Google Developer Group Silicon Valley Message Board › Community Events › Augmented Reality Event, June 2nd, 3rd, Santa Clara Convention Center
San Francisco, CA
Please join me at one of the first events completely dedicated to the business of Augmented Reality: The Augmented Reality Event Presented by Qualcomm, taking place June 2-3, 2010 - Santa Clara Convention Center, CA.
Receive the reduced $245 registration price - $150 off the $395 normal price - by using Discount Code: AR245 during registration
Come and find out more about how Google tools are being used to create the next generation of augmented reality experiences.
I will be presenting on ARWave, an open distributed platform for augmented reality, using Wave Federation Protocol. We are also working on an augmented reality Android client for ARWave using JPCT (an OpenGL ES engine for Android). It was great to hear @dlpeters name check ARWave at #io2010 today as a Wave implementation! And Shailesh Nalawadi of Google Goggles will be there to talk about their proposed API.
If you have any questions about this event please follow up in the forum thread. I am chair of the technology track and I will do my best to answer them.
To get a sense of the richness and depth of content, take a look at the ARE2010 Schedule - it will be THE must-attend AR event of the year: 2 days, 3 tracks, 40 AR companies; with keynotes:
- Bruce Sterling - (The AR Prophet!)
- Will Wright - (Spore and the Sims)
- Jesse Schell - (The Gamepocalypse)
- Blaise Aguera y Arcas - (Microsoft, BIng Maps & AR)
....and 80 other speakers! AR fans from around the world are registering and will be there, will you?
This event will be a unique opportunity to see the "state of play" of the emerging augmented reality industry. Special events include:
- A press conference for new product announcements by leading AR companies
- Launch pad for new Augmented Reality start ups - a judging panel with VCs and entrepreneurs
- Over 80+ AR speakers over two intense days
- "The Auggies" - competition for the best augmented reality demo
- Art and magic live performances by AR artists
All details, speakers, and registration at www.augmentedrealityevent.com.
Remember use the Discount Code: AR245 and save $150 during registration.
This fee includes both conference days, lunch, reception and more.
Also we are giving away free passes for people willing to staff!
This is our "job" listing!
Want a free pass to ARE2010? Apply for a job as Event staff!
ARE2010, the first Augmented Reality Event initiated by AR industry insiders is looking for event staff to help ensure a superior experience for speakers and attendees. If you qualify, you'll receive a free pass to the event (a $395 value)!
- dedicate 2 half days during the 2 day event
- Help manage a conference room by performing tasks such as attendee assistance in the seating area, time keeping, seamless transition between speakers, feedback collection, etc.
- be friendly to attendees, speakers, and staff members
- and of course you have to be passionate about augmented reality ;)
Apply Today! Job openings are limited.
Edited by Van Riper on May 19, 2010 11:05 PM