addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Good Eats & Meets-Columbia Message Board Important GOOD EATS Information › Important Information For New members

Important Information For New members

Closed to new replies

GoodEatsGuru-Richa...
TheGoodEatsGuru
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 114
Welcome!

The goals of GOOD EATS are to meet new people, make new friends, cultivate friendships, enjoy each other's company, try new things, and to have a good time doing so over some great meals!

Being Active in the Group!

There are two ways to stay active in the Group:

1.Participate on the Group site on Meetup.com! How?

◦Vote in the Polls

◦Post on the Message Boards (This is a good way to get the ball rolling on events.)

◦Update your Profile (Please answer all of the questions so we can get to know you.)

◦RSVP to Events

◦Run an Event

◦Fill Out Your Post-Event Survey (So we know if you liked the event and what we can do better next time.)

2.Attend an Event! An RSVP is required for all of our events.

Please stay Active on the Group Site within 3 months. Just by logging onto the Site and doing anything listed under #1 above will re-set your 'activity' counter. Members inactive for 3 months or greater will be removed from the group. The point is to get out and Meetup with new people!

Attend Events or Meetups at least once every 3 months. If you don't see events that interest you let us know what you want to see on the calendar so we can get it posted! We want to host events you're going to enjoy so your feedback is critical.

Try to attend your first Event or Meetup within the 1st month of joining. We really want to Meetup with you and know that going to the first one is always the hardest.

Please RSVP for Events & Meetups!

Why RSVP?

This lets the Group Organizer, Event Organizer and other Group Members know whether or not to expect you, as well as gauge interest in the event for the future. What do the RSVPs mean?

•Yes: I plan to be there. You can count on me to attend. I look forward to it.

•Maybe: I am not sure if I can attend but I hope to make it. (Please update your RSVP to Yes or No once you know for sure.)

•No: I am sorry but I am unable to attend this event.

Comments!

Please feel free to include Comments in your RSVP such as the following.

•I'd love to attend but have other plans.

•Looking forward to the next event.

•Looking forward to it.

•I need a ride.

•I can give [insert name] a ride.

•Bad day to attend (i.e. gotta work, etc.)

•Not fond of the activity/restaurant/venue

•Too far away

Yes RSVPs:

If you do RSVP 'Yes' for an event or Meetup then everyone involved (from the Group Organizers to the Event Organizer to the Group Members to the Venue, if applicable) are expecting you. We all know things come up last minute and plans change. We are all human and can respect that. However, we do ask that if you find you are unable to attend after submitting your 'Yes' RSVP then please log-in to update your RSVP at least 24 hours in advance. If it is a last-minute cancellation, call the Event Organizer to let him or her know you will be unable to attend. All event descriptions will have the Event Organizer's name and number listed.

General Housekeeping!

Please be respectful of others when adding posts to the Bulletin Board. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. The purpose of the Bulletin Board is to a fun, real-time communication tool for members, not an avenue to insult or make derogatory statements about other members.

Members who send spam or inappropriate messages to other members will be removed from the group, potentially without notice.

This is not a singles, hook-up, or pick-up group. Please be respectful of others when meeting them at GOOD EATS events.

Interested in being an Assistant Organizer? We are in desperate need of "outdoor" Organizers and always looking for more social Organizers. The more Organizers we have, the more events we can post. Please contact the Group Organizer for more information on becoming an Assistant Organizer.

Most importantly -- have FUN Meeting up with GOOD EATS!