Note: Please RSVP and indicate number of guests. If there is a much larger turnout than expected then table space will become cramped or unavailable.
Location has been finalized! Entry fee of $10 is required to try to cover location and internet connection costs, but additional donations are appreciated. The "Chip In" option is now enabled for this meetup group in the left sidebar so you can pay the entry fee and any additional donations by card, otherwise I'll accept cash at event.
This event is focused on Counter Strike Global Offensive. An info page is available (http://www.meetup.com/DC-Area-eSports-LAN-Group/about/) describing general activities to be expected at events. Please bring ethernet cables with you though I will have some available if needed.
7:00 am - Event setup begins, discussions, hangout
9:00 am - Check-in opens, attendee setup
10:00 am - Welcome, activity organization
10:30 am - Draft tournament first round robin BO1
11:00 am - Beginner Bootcamp for unranked and low-silvers
1:00 pm - Lunch
2:00 pm - Draft tournament second round robin BO1
2:30 - Beginner training and MM continues
4:00 pm - Draft Tournament double elimination BO3
5:30 - Beginner Free-For-All Deathmatch Competition
6:00 pm - Dinner
7:00 pm - Draft Tournament Upper/Lower Bracket Finals
8:30 pm - Draft Tournament Grand Finals
1:00 am - Event tear down
• Embassy Suites - parking at the hotel is $27 for the day
• Pentagon City Metro Station - shuttle for embassy suites and double tree can pick you up and drop you off at this location... NOT CRYSTAL CITY METRO STATION
• Street Parking - there is street parking that I've been told is free on weekends
• Free Weekend Parking - there is a parking lot across from the nearby Double Tree that has free parking, then just take the shared hotel shuttle down to Embassy Suites (can drop off equipment at hotel first if more convenient)
• Car Pool - post if you need or can give a ride, sharing hotel parking with 3-4 others would be ideal for many
The shuttle runs from 7am to 11pm, but I will be working out some ride sharing options to metro and outside parking areas for those who want to stay late.
A block of 10 rooms has been set aside for us at $89 price for those driving far and staying late. Reserve rooms at this page (http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/W/WASCRES-ESP-20141220/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG) using the code "ESP" by Friday.
Post any questions to this meetup's comment area. Share this event with your friends, post on forums, etc. Thanks and see you there!