Nov 16, 2011 · 7:00 PM
Want to learn how to build your own website? Already have your own Tumblr/Wordpress/etc site, but want to have more control over it? Interested in learning to program but want to start small? This class is for you!
We will guide you through the basics of HTML and CSS, give you some readily-applicable skills, and answer any questions you may have along the way.
The course will be taught by Alexis Goldstein, author of the book "HTML5 and CSS3 for the Real World".
This 4-class HTML/CSS course runs for four Wednesdays:
- Class 1, HTML Basics: Wednesday, November 16, 7-9pm
- SKIP ONE WEEK (Thanksgiving week)
- Class 2, Introduction to CSS: Wednesday, November 30, 7-9pm
- Class 3, CSS Positioning and Page Layout: Wednesday, December 7, 7-9pm
- Class 4, Common Web Layouts, Tips and Tricks: Wednesday, December 14, 7-9pm
Please install the following prior to class:
- Aptana version 3, a web development tool. (For Macs, requires at least OS v10.5. A free alternative you can use if you are on OS 10.4 is Komodo Edit.)
Also, please install either Chrome, Safari, or Firefox + Firebug:
- Firebug, a Firefox extension with a plethora of tools handy in web development
- Firefox browser
This course will take place at AOL, so you must provide your FULL NAME when you enroll to be admitted into the building. AOL is at 770 Broadway, near the N/R train at 8th St - NYU and the 6 at Astor Place.
Please note our refund policy: Your payment of $80 guarantees your seat in the entire course. If something changes after registration and you cannot attend the course, you must notify us at least 3 days before the first class to receive a refund. If you have to miss a class, we will provide code from class and any slides, but we do not offer partial refunds based on individual class absences.