addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Glasgow Knit 'n Stitch Message Board › Sunday 4th of August

Sunday 4th of August

Catherine M.
user 2344066
Group Organizer
Glasgow, GB
On Sunday the 4th of August the Tramway is hosting a Family Fun Day.  This means that it will be a bit busy and noisy for our normal Sunday meet up.
It has been suggested that we could hold an out door (hopefully) picnic type meet up that day and hopefully attract members from the Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday group to come along.  We would like to be able to take some good pictures of our work for sharing on the Meet Up web site and on Raverly.
I've set up a poll to see where people would prefer to go.  The three options being:

• Botanic Gardens
  • Glasgow Green (by the Winter Gardens)
  • Pollok Park (by the Burrell Collection

All have tea rooms that we could retreat to if the weather doesn't cooperate.
I had started the poll last week but have stopped it and restarted it as I was asked to include Pollok Park as well.
All three are easily reached by public transport.
Please vote and I hope as many as possible can come along on the day.

Catherine
Patsy M.
user 6733826
Glasgow, GB
Post #: 4
I would prefer Pollock Park as I love going there anyway and there is loads of parking spaces but saying that I am quite happy with the alternatives.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am happy with any but would prefer Pollok as it's closer to home. The parking at the park next to Pollok house is free but costs next to the Burrell(or used to). Andrea
A former member
I also agree with going to Pollok on the 4th August.
Halina
ninawiski
Glasgow, GB
I'm not so sure my vote should count as I'm not at the group every Sunday but Pollok Park would be most convenient for me.
Catherine M.
user 2344066
Group Organizer
Glasgow, GB
Post #: 49
Can I just check that everyone is also voting in the poll as well as responding to the discussion? It is under the MORE menu and under POLLS. I am afraid we can't count emails or responses to the discussion (as the Poll is anonymous so we wouldn't know who had voted twice!) It only takes a second. Thanks everyone. Glad so many people are interested in the idea.
Paula
Paulamck
Glasgow, GB
Post #: 26
As regards this meet up, I personally would find Pollok park really difficult to get to as I have to use public transport to get there and for those of us outside Glasgow city centre, it is very difficult to get to, particularly on a Sunday.

Just a point to think of when choosing a venue.
Catherine M.
user 2344066
Group Organizer
Glasgow, GB
Post #: 50
Hello everyone.

The poll is currently tied at 9 votes for Glasgow Green and 9 votes for Pollok Park. I will wait till Friday before closing it. One thing we must remember is that while Pollok Park is great for people who live on the southside it might not be quite so good for anyone in the west end or out with Glasgow. I have checked out the train service to Pollokshaws West Station which is beside Pollok Park. It is at least in part a replacement bus service that day, reduced to one train per hour.

Halina
ninawiski
Glasgow, GB
Post #: 5
Paula,

You can get the train to Pollokshaws West or a 57 or 57A bus which will drop you right across the road from the park. There is also A free minibus service runs from the main entrance to Pollok Country Park to the Burrell Collection and back, approximately every half hour

Halina
julia
user 2338790
Glasgow, GB
Post #: 39
Just a thought, if voting stays equal maybe we could have two extra meetings over the summer, one at each location.