On Friday 15th July 2016 Glug Brighton (http://www.meetup.com/glugbrighton/) is back and what a line up we have for you!
Agency Rush (http://agencyrush.com) and Crush Creative (http://crushed.co.uk) have been busy beavering away to bring you an exciting evening, held at another superb venue. This time we’ll be hosting from the newly named Patterns (http://patternsbrighton.com) club and bar on Brighton’s sunny seafront.
Spread over two floors you Gluggers are in for another fantastic night of creative talks, live art, pop-up shops and interactive fun! We even have a sunny terrace for you to enjoy throughout the evening so you can take the drinks outside and have a good ol’ natter and a catch up with fellow creatives. Intrigued?
Scroll down to see some of the amazing things we have in store…
Guest speakers on the night...
- Mr. Bingo (http://www.mr-bingo.org.uk) The original Shoreditch beat busker and 'Master of Pens' will be taking to the stage and “talking out of his own mouth”. The illustrator’s mischievous character is mirrored in his work and over the years he’s worked with The Mighty Boosh, QI, Jimmy Carr and MTV - quite an impressive portfolio to say the least! Since speaking at our first ever Glug Brighton event back in 2009 Bingo’s come a long way so come hear his tales of Rap fame, ‘Hate Mail’ and drawing stuff!
- Animade (http://animade.tv) The forward-thinking and boundary-smashing animation studio are a seventeen strong team who get things moving for games, stings and whole host of digital projects for the likes of Google, BBC, Red Bull, Air BnB and Ray Ban. Don’t worry not all 17 of them will be trying to hog the mike!
- Danielle Pender (http://www.ripostemagazine.com) The founder and editor of Riposte - a smart magazine for women that features a cast of brilliant and bold women. Featured by the likes of It's Nice That, New York Times, The Guardian and Cool Hunting Riposte is sold world-wide, even in Danielle's home town of Newcastle!
Interactive treats upstairs from...
Stick It On (http://www.stickiton.club) Partnering with Glug Brighton, Stick It On will be hosting the entertainment upstairs and giving Gluggers the opportunity to have 15mins of DJ fame on the decks!
Showcasing their recently launched App, users can browse through playlists carefully compiled for the event on the night, and select three songs to submit along with your DJ name. The best sets will be selected and a push notification confirming the DJ set with time slot will go back to the respective phones. Stick It On will then facilitate and guide as each confirmed DJ gets the chance to don the headphones behind the decks to play their selected tunes. The big question on the night will be who fancies themselves as being a supreme 'Choon' selector by rocking the dance floor? Only time will tell. For more info check out their websites http://www.stickiton.club (http://www.stickiton.club/) (public events) http://www.stickiton.org.uk (http://www.stickiton.org.uk/) (private hire)
Tweets for Treats (http://tweetsfortreats.com) Tweets for Treats is a tweet powered vintage sweets dispenser - the clue’s in the name! When attending the event keep a look out for what handle and hashtag to use when tweeting and you'll be rewarded with a handful of free sweets for each tweet you make. The dispenser has been built by Black Sun Creative who'll also be at the event if you'd like to find out more.
The Private Press (http://www.theprivatepress.org/) The fantastic local screen-printing company will be teaming up with well known illustrators Adam Howling (http://agencyrush.com/Artists/Adam_Howling/) and Sean Sims (http://agencyrush.com/Artists/Sean_Sims/) to bring you some exclusive limited edition prints designed specially for the event. There will be a free print for everyone on the night and the best part is you have the option to approach the press and print it yourself!
Live Art by...
- Alice Bowsher (http://alicebowsher.co.uk) No stranger to large scale murals, and with a client list including White Stuff, YCN and Lush, Alice is sure to lure you in with her spontaneous and charming illustrations.
- Stephanie Unger (http://www.stephanieunger.co.uk) A massive splash of colour and a bold mix of simple shapes, Stephanie will be wowing us with her playful illustrations and characters. We can’t wait to see what she comes up with.
- Lucy Sherston (http://www.lucysherston.com) A celebration of colour, shape and form, Lucy’s big bold compositions are sure to grab your attention on the night! Inspired by handmade processes, you’ll see her use a mix of textures to create a playful composition.
Pop up shops brought to you by...
- Hello Marine (http://www.hellomarine.com/) The illustrator and pattern lover will be joining us, selling her lovingly made acrylic jewellery, prints and textile pieces. The Brighton-based illustrator’s work stretches far beyond our fair city and her recent clients include Lacoste, The NY Times and Heal’s. To see more from her stunning portfolio and for a taster of her wares click here. (http://www.hellomarine.com)
- Mr. Bingo (http://www.mr-bingo.org.uk) Selling his book ’Hate Mail: The Definitive Collection’, a retrospective of the ‘Hate Mail’ postcard project.
- Linguistine (http://www.linguistine.com) Art Director, Graphic designer & Illustrator with a wide range of experience working with brands and clients including V&A and Red Bull designing magazines, books and other literature, Matthew Ward will be selling his printed and illustrated delights.
PLUS we have illustrated Photo Booth fun from Rosie Curran (http://www.rosiecurran.com) and Peter James Field (http://agencyrush.com/Artists/Peter_James_Field/Hugh_Laurie/) who'll have her pencils at the ready, waiting to sketch portraits of you fabulous folk
AND animated wonders from the ‘Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared’ series will be ready for your viewing from BECKY AND JOE (http://beckyandjoes.com).
The great part is there’s still lots more to be announced so watch this space!