Join us for a GOTO Night Chicago with Dean Wampler!
TALK: Trends Affecting System Architectures: Mobile Engagement, Streaming Data, and Machine Learning
Join Dean to discuss how Microservice architectures are becoming more data-centric in response to the following trends:
- Increasingly, engagement with customers occurs through mobile and IoT devices.
- The need to ingest data, analyze it, and serve context-sensitive services, all with minimal latency, is driving data systems from batch approaches to streaming.
- Integration of Machine Learning technology is essential to maximize the value extracted from data.
- Streaming data systems and "classic" microservices have similar operational requirements, but also differences.
Let's discuss these trends and their impacts on architectures:
- Common problems that stress traditional architectures
- Integrating new approaches into existing architectures
- Evolving existing architectures to better serve today's needs
What if you can start from scratch?
ABOUT DEAN WAMPLER:
Dean Wampler is the Vice President of Fast Data Engineering at Lightbend, where he leads the creation of the Lightbend Fast Data Platform, a distribution of scalable, distributed stream processing tools including Spark, Flink, Kafka, and Akka, with machine learning and management tools. Dean is the author of Programming Scala and Functional Programming for Java Developers and the coauthor of Programming Hive, all from O’Reilly. He is a contributor to several open source projects. A frequent speaker, he’s also the co-organizer of several conferences around the world and several user groups in Chicago.
Please note that all attendees of GOTO Chicago events must adhere to our Code of Conduct: https://gotochgo.com/2018/code-of-conduct
Did you know GOTO Conferences has a YouTube Channel? Now you do! - we have plenty of precious material here, check it out! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs_tLP3AiwYKwdUHpltJPuA