This event has passed
A meetup for people who are (relatively) new to programming, or who want to learn how to code - although anyone is welcome!
Our goals for Grammerhub's weekly Monday coding nights:
- Support independent projects and collaboration
- Build a community and provide accountability
- Provide opportunities to grow with technology
Who we are: A grassroots group of volunteers applying our skills with technology, design, research, and more in service of those looking to reach their next level in their Dev careers.
How it works:
- 6:30 pm EST: We open our general video conference call [Meet link provided upon joining a session]. Anyone is welcome!
New to Grammerhub? No problem! We have volunteer organizers to help you get started.
Grammerhub workspace on Slack: http://bit.ly/grammerhub-slack
What you’ll learn:
* Web development techniques and syntax for programming in multiple languages
* How to deploy your code
* Resources for continued learning
- Review Grammerhub's 001 and 002 recordings:
Prereq's from Grammerhub 002:
• [IMPORTANT] Install VS Code and test it creating a simple HTML file saved to a designated location for all your projects
• [IMPORTANT] Download Node and install it: https://nodejs.org/en/
• [HIGHLY-RECOMMENDED] Follow the instructions of Create a React App: https://reactjs.org/docs/create-a-new-react-app.html
CodeSchool's Learn ReactJS I
CodeSchool's Learn ReactJS II
Looking forward to coding with you soon!