addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Graph Database - San Francisco Message Board › Graphing the Marvel Universe

Graphing the Marvel Universe

A former member
Post #: 1
I recently used Gephi to visualize a social graph of the Marvel Universe, which contained characters and comics as nodes. Undirected edges were appearances of a character in a comic. The dataset contained about 10k characters, 10k comics, and 100k edges:

http://exposedata.com...­

I'm a beginner at graph analysis and curation of graph databases. I'd like to use Neo4j to develop a richer graph of the Marvel (and perhaps DC Comics) Universe. Does anyone have any advice or resources on strategies to tackle such a project?

Some in-universe entities I'd like to include are:

• Characters (Spiderman, Captain America, etc)
  • Places (New York City, OsCorp, Asteroid M)
  • Vehicles (Blackbird, Goblin Glider, etc)
  • Organizations and projects (Weapon X, Daily Bugle, etc)

Some possible edge types:

• Fought against/with (character to character)
  • Operated/Rode in (character to vehicle)
  • Lived in/visited (character to place)
  • Membership (character to organization)

In addition to comics, I'll add more media types and associated entities, such as the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

• Television episodes
  • Movies
  • Writers, Directors, Producers
  • Actors (Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr., Halle Barry, etc)
  • Video Games

Possible non-primary sources of information are:

Any graph database tips and resources would be useful. If anyone's interested in constructing a graph of Star Wars, Harry Potter, or any fictional universe I'd be very interested in discussion or collaboration.