Location visible to members
Most blogs mention this to be the toughest trek in Karnataka. So gear up for an exciting trek.
Age: 18 and Above with Good Fitness and Experience
Genre: Moderate - Difficult
Preference will be given to trekkers with experience.
Kumara Parvatha is a mountain located in Subramanya (village) of Sullia taluka, Karnataka. The village is known for the Hindu Kukke Subramanya Temple. In spite of being a small village, it is a well-known shrine, and draws large number of devotees throughout the year. The peak is at a height of about 1712m, and is about 13 km from the temple. This mountain is on the border between Dakshina Kannada and Kodagu districts, so the lights of Somwarpet town in Kodagu can be seen from the peak.
The base hill is folded into three connected projections, namely - Kumaraparvata, Seshagiri and Pushpagiri peaks. The Shola forests are thick and ever green. This is a wonderful opportunity to feel the heaviness of the rain forests of Dakshina Kannada.
We will be moving from Kukke Subramanya temple to Somvarpet through these three tall hills to Mallalli falls. Pushpagiri is the third tallest peak in Karnataka. Most of the trekkers across several blogs have mentioned it to be a tough trek, with most mentioning it as the toughest in Karnataka.
COST: 4000 INR
* Cost covers travel, food, stayand emergency expenses only. Extra saved will be returned equally before the end of the trek.
* GHAC refund rules apply
THURSDAY :take train to bangalore
FRIDAY : Move to Kukke , small trek and stay for night.
wakeup, trek to kumara parvata and arrange night stay on peak
SUNDAY:Camp awakens at 5 AM
Reach Bangalore for train to Hyd
MONDAy : Reach Hyderabad (8:30am mostly)
1) no smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) ladies and gents accommodation in separate tents
4) Get your own food
5) Pack light weight < less then 10 KG - including 2 L water
Things to Bring
1) energy bars
2) 1 track pants/ loose trousers
3) 1 full hand T-shirt * ( please avoid bright coloured and shiny clothes)
4) mosquito cream
5) own basic first aid kit
6) sun hat/ screen (30spf) (optional)
7) Trekking shoes with Anklet *
9) Torch / Flashlight /headlight with spare batteries*
10) Water bottle - 2 Litres
11) Toilet paper / wet tissues
12) Toiletries ( Herbal tooth brush, soap, small towel/napkin)
13) 2 biodegradable plastic bags medium size to carry waste
14) Photo Id ( passport, Employee/College Id, Pan card/Election Card/ Driving License)
15) A rucksack / haversack *
16) Rain protection - rain sheeter or a tarpaulin with rope *
17) Sleeping Bag *
18) Wind sheeter
19) Smiles* :-)
* - Mandatory
Pre-requisites : Nothing much. We are out for an adventure. So be prepared for anything worse. Do not grumble.
Account Holder Name: Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
Once payment is done comment your transaction ID or number below for confirmation.