Please RSVP and make the payments, once the payment is received you will be move to the going list. ****************************************************
SALHER - The highest Fort of Maharashtra and second highest mountain in Sahyadris
Salher is a place located near Waghamba in Nasik district of Maharashtra, India. It is the site of the highest fort in the Sahyadri mountains and the second highest peak at 1,567 metres (5,141 ft) after Kalsubai in Maharashtra.The twin fort Salota (4,986 feet) is very near to Salher.
Photos of GHAC previous visit to salher can be found here: http://www.meetup.com/great-hyderabad-adventure-club/photos/9412352/
According to a legend, Lord Parshuram did his Tapascharya at Salher Fort. The twin fort Salota (4986 feet) is very near to Salher.
Salher Fort was under Shivaji in 1671. The Mughals attacked the fort in 1672. Almost one lakh soldiers fought in this war. Many soldiers died in this battle but finally Shivaji won the battle. Of all the face to face battles between the Mughals and Shivaji’s troops, the battle of Salher takes first place. Such a big battle was not won before. The bravery and strategy used by the Maratha troops in the battle spread far and wide and increased Shivaji’s fame further. After winning Salher, the Marathas also captured Mulher and established their reign over the Baglan region. In 18th century the Peshwas occupied this fort and later by the British.
Day 1 : Friday, 20th June
1610 Depart from Secunderabad by Ajanta Express to Manmad
Day 2 : Saturday 21th June
0645 Reach Manmad
0800 Have breakfast and leave for Salher Wadi by a private transport
1330 Reach Salher Wadi, Start Climbing for Salher Fort, Visit Salot Fort on the way.
1900 Reach the Peak, prepare for night stay
1930 Start preparing for the dinner.
2130 Hot dinner.
2000 Star gazing to put folks to sleep :)
Day 3 : Sunday 22nd June
0600 Wake up, freshen up
0700 Start descending the FORT, sightseeing while getting down
1000 Reach the Base Village Freshen up
1030 Trek to Mulher Fort ( if time permits )
1600 Finish the trek, and start for Manmad
2100 Catch the return train from Manmad
Day 4 : Monday 23rd June
0600 Reach Hyderabad and back to work.
COST OF THE MEETUP: Rs. 2694
GHAC refund rules apply.
Things to Bring ( All are must):
1. Rucksack/ backpack.
2. Sleeping Bag.
3. Shoes with good grip( better if you are already using them)
4. A few plastic covers to keep items dry.
5. Slippers/ floaters for using in night.
7. Water Bottle min (3 litres)
8. Toilet kit
9. Camera- Sahayadri's are at their best during monsoons:)
10. First – Aid kit, any specific medicines you need.
11. Traveller’s/Swiss knife ..If you have one.
12. Carry Identification card.
13. A rain coat/ Poncho
14. Wind cheater & Tarpaulin( If you have one)
15. Dry fruits, Energy bars, Citrus fruits, salty food, Ready to eat packets( good food more friends :D).
16. ORS packets( Min 5 packets)
Important Instructions - Please Read
1) No smoking and no alcohol.
2) No littering, no pollution of water.
3) This is not a luxury trip, but utmost care has been taken to make your trip comfortable, enjoyable and memorable in a low budget.
4) Food will be mostly vegeterian
5) Ladies and gents accommodation( Tents) is separate
6) We carry basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need special attention
7) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
Please make the Transfers to the following account asap and to confirm your spot.
Event Cost : Rs. 2694
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB0001379
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Last Date for Registration : 25th April, 2014.
Transaction/Payment Remark: 175749632_your name
eg; 175749632_ Prasad
You can also pay through credit card:
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: MEDIUM TO HARD + Camping Outdoors ( WILD)
Note: Answer all the RSVP questions (Compulsory), else your RSVP will be void. Please add yourself to the waiting list and mention your reference ID here, after you make an online transfer. We shall move you to the going list.
Prasad : 9966888879
NOTE: Event Hosts have all the rights to add or remove any member and do necessary changes in route, activity, time, duration depending on the situations and climate conditions. ORGANIZER'S DECISION IS FINAL (ITS ALL ABOUT SAFETY, PLZ CO-OPERATE)