Location visible to members
Trek Notes :
Gokarna Beach famous for its beautiful beaches and landscapes . The Half-moon and Paradise beaches are excellent campers' beaches. The second half of the trip is exploratory and things may not go according to plan.
THIS IS NOT A LEISURE TRIP! It tests your endurance with unfamiliar terrain, beach camping in sleeping bags,unfamiliar cuisine etc. The only easy part is the hyd-hubli-hyd travel in AC volvo semisleeper busses.
Trek Not for kids . [Only Ages above 18 ]
Trek Genre : Medium Grade.
We will be trekking more than 25 km in 2 days(might be in Rain) , if you are not used to it please don't RSVP and waste a spot. (Answering all the rsvp questions is mandatory incase u want your rsvp to be considered)
Apart from Shiv temple, Gokarna is famous for its beautiful beaches and landscapes. The main beaches in Gokarna are the Gokarna beach, Kudle Beach, Om Beach, Half moon Beach and Paradise Beach (also known as Full moon). The Gokarna beach forms the coast of the town while the other four beaches lie to the south of Gokarna. Kudle and Om are around 6 km from Gokarna town along a muddy hill; they are accessible by rickshaw or foot. Half moon and Paradise are beyond Om beach and are accessible only by foot or boat. Om beach is named so because it is shaped like the auspicious ॐ [Om] symbol. Om beach is the only naturally Om shaped beach. Two other beaches - Paradise and Half Moon - are smaller and remote beaches , excellent for camping.
What we try to do ?
Day1 : Beach Trekking along the coastline from Gokarna Beach , through Kudle Beach, Om beach, Half-Moon Beach to Paradise Beach [ 12km ] Camping at Paradise beach for the night.
Day2 : Walk back to Om beach, Take ferry to nirvana beach, explore kadle beach and return back to Hubli via gokarna.
If we have enough time, we will trek to Kagal fort - heaven beach and aghnashani-tadadi ferry to reach hubli via gokarna, a longer and more beautiful route.
Tentative Itinerary: [ things may vary later ]
Friday 9:00pm : Meet up at Gachibouli- Axis bank - boarding point for bus- Hyderabad to Hubli - Volvo AC (semisleeper bus)
Sat 6:30am : Hubli station to ankola (ksrtc bus) - ankola to gokarna via public ferry+ local bus> This part is unplanned and we want to find our own way here.
Sat 11am : Lunch & Beach Trek from Gokarna / Kudle / Om / Half Moon / Paradise [ 12km]
Sat 6pm : Sunset at paradise beach and night stay in Paradise beach
Sun 4am : Wakeup call
Sun 5am : Paradise beach to Tadadi
Sun 7 am : tadadi to aghnashani via public ferry.
Sun 8 am : Breakfast (we will carry on our own expense)
Sun 2pm: lunch at nirvana beach. we will either rest here or keep walking through gudenagadi-kadle-vanalli-kumta beaches
Sun 6:30pm: semi sleeper bus to Hyderabad. Reach hyderabad by 6:30 am.
Things to bring:
1. 2 Track pants or shorts, 2 T-shirts, Raincoat or a poncho. We will be at the beach, so a pair of shorts would be a good option to put in.
2. Trekking shoes with good grip used before,2 extra pair of socks. chappals as well (sports shoes would do)
3. Personnel medicines if you use any. Organisers will hav basic first aid
4. Sleeping bag and a proper rucksack (both are mandatory). Get some little covers to hold your trash.
5. Water : A minimum of 3 litres per head, which we will be refilling at regular points. To discourage buying plastic, we request you to get filled bottles from home.
6. Extra snacks to make more friends .. :)
7. Head Torch or a good Torch light. This is mandatory as we will be moving in the dark.
8. Sun cap or Sunscreen lotion (spf 15 or above)
9.Signed GHAC disclaimer form and a original ID proof.
10. A daredevil attitude with a big smile :)
pack yourself as lite as possible as weight of tents & tarps would be shared..
ADD YOURSELF TO WAITING LIST. MAKE THE PAYMENT & YOU WOULD BE MOVED TO ATTENDING LIST. BEFORE YOU DO THAT, ANSWER ALL THE RSVP QUESTION OR ELSE YOUR RSVP WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
3425 / - . we will share the cost if it is more than this , Will redistribute if we end up saving any cost ..
Cost breakup>>> Tickets Hyd-Hubli rs 1000, Kumta-hyd rs 1400, hubli-hyderabad rs 200(including ferry charges) club charges rs 384, service tax rs 102, organiser reimbursement rs 320.
Food is excluded ..If we plan to stay in a rented accommodation, that would be shared accordingly.
Few things in between are not planned and these things are must in an adventure trek.
GHAC refund rules apply ...
Note: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
1) no smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Accommodation is separate in tents for Men and woman. Everyone will share the weight of the tents while trekking.
5) Food will be mostly vegetarian
6) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7) if you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8) If you cant swim don't go deep into the water
9)Organizer word is final, and if any unwanted behavior is exhibited, the person would be removed from the trek at anytime.
10)Please read GHAC club guidelines before RSVPing for this event. GHAC refund rules are mentioned in column 10 of the club guidelines. Read thoroughly before you make any payments. Club guidelines can be found at the link below>> http://www.meetup.com/great-hyderabad-adventure-club/pages/Club_Guidelines/
Payment Details: Transfer the amount , to confirm your place. Once you transfer that payment mention the NEFT, UTR number + account holder name for us to track the payment. Payment remarks ([masked]_yourname) is also a must. Without these we cannot track your payment.
Payment details: AXIS BANK
Great Hyderabad Adventure Club
IFCS Code: UTIB[masked]
Road no:2, Banjarahills Branch
Its a Savings account.
Transaction/Payment Remark:[masked]_your name
Payment Remark- Please mention[masked]_yourname in ur payment transaction
For Credit card payments , follow this event duniya link>>>