Chadar Trek - 9+1 days
Chadar Trek is one of the wildest trek in the world and a superb test of your mental strength. Chadar means veil of ice and this frozen sheet/river is the only road-way for the zanskaris living in Padum or Lingshed to go to Leh or from Leh as other passes are closed during the winters due to heavy snowfall. Suitable for everyone (age 18+ years only) without health issues.
One of the campsite .
PC source - internet .
Day 1 Arrive in Leh by morning flight. Stay in Hotel.
Day 2 Reserved for acclimatization in Leh
Day 3 Start for Chilling [3 hrs drive]. Trek to Tilat Sumdo camp [1 hr].
Day 4 Trek from Tilat Sumdo to Shingra koma [10km/6 hrs trek].
Day 5 Trek from Shingra to Tibb cave [11 km/7 hrs trek]
Day 6 Trek from Tibb cave to Nyerak [10 km/9 hrs trek]
Day 7 Trek from Nyerak to Tibb cave return back 8/9hrs.
Day 8 Trek from Tibb cave to Shingra Koma 5/6hrs.
Day 9 Trek to Chilling and drive back to Leh. Stay at guesthouse.
Day 10 Reserved Day (For any eventualities)
How to RSVP: Please add yourself to the wait list, organiser will call you and confirm you on phone then make payment and you will be moved to confirmed list on receipt of payment.
Answering all the RSPV Questions is compulsory. Else you will be moved to not going.
Trek charges: 25000/- (includes permits , maintenance and cleaning fees 2000 rupees , and many more things , check in inclusions )
Break-up will be updated shortly.
Please pay initial slot booking amount of 6000 here: (non refundable)
Payment link -
Remaining amount details will be informed later.
Exclusions: flight tickets, personal clothing, shoes, personal gear and personal expenses like shopping or liquor and any emergency expenses. All the expenses after day 9 to be borne by individuals, if planning to stay back.
Porter charges will be 500 per bag per day if you opt for it.
1.Firstid, Medical Kits & Oxygen Cylinder.
2.Transport, Leh to Leh
3. Accommodation Tented or Tourist Lodge.
4. Meals while on Trek (Veg.)
5. Trek equipment's (Tent, Sleeping bag with Inner , Mattress ( thin mat (yoga), Dinning Tent, Toilet Tent)
6. Permits/ Forest Fees
7. Experienced Trek Leader, Guide & Support Staff to Help Trekkers, porters to carry tents n cooking utensils.
Equipment - To Bring
1. Backpack (Rucksack) (min 50 lts) with comfortable shoulder straps and back pack rain cover
2. Trekking pole
3. Water Bottle
4. Headlamp, Torch & with Extra Batteries
1. Down Jacket
2. Fleece Jacket & T-Shirt
3. Windproof Jacket
4. Windproof & Waterproof Trek Pant
5. Thermal Trouser
6. Woolen Hat
7. Waterproof, Woolen Gloves
9. 2 Pair Woolen Socks & Light Cotton Socks
Foot Wear -
1. Trekking Shoes + Gum Boot
Miscellaneous Items -
1. Sun Block for Lips
2. Sun Protection Cream
3. Sun Glasses it should be U/V Protected
4. Toilet Kit (Toilet Paper) & Quick Dry Towels
5. Water Purifying Tablets
6. Medical & First-Aid Kit
9.ID proof like driving license, voters ID card, passport, Aadhar card
10. 4 Passport size photo
11.Medical certificate from a recognized practicing doctor certifying your fitness for the trek.
You have to book your travel to Delhi and then take the flight to Leh , There are lot of travel options to Leh including taking a train to Delhi and flight to Leh , Or take a direct flight to leh Book the Flights early to get best rates.
GHAC disclaimer : http://www.meetup.com/great-hyderabad-adventure-club/pages/disclaimer/
Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible.
Important Instructions - Please Read
1) No smoking and no alcohol.
2) No littering, no pollution of water.
3) This is not a luxury trip, but utmost care has been taken to make your trip comfortable, enjoyable and memorable in a low budget.
4) Food will be mostly vegetarian
5) We carry basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need special attention
6) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
Organizer's word is final.
The hosts reserve all the rights to add or remove any member and do necessary change in route/activity, time and duration depending on the situation and climate during the trek.
Refund Rules: GHAC refund rules apply (The initial payment of 6k is non-refundable)
We welcome all outdoor enthusiasts of all abilities and experience levels. you should be willing to make a commitment to push yourself to meet or exceed what you have accomplished outdoors before. You should be mentally prepared for this trip.
This trek is a life changing journey. A journey where you will re-discover yourself and your strengths.
Age limit is 18 + years.