Mysterious island is here - 10th-Nov-2018.
Trek Type: Hiking, Trekking, Night Camping & Boating.
For Whom: Only for Ages 18+.
Trek Level: Easy to Moderate.
Payment Link to grab your slot:
Team Size: 20
In the above map: We hike on the path of cyan colored line and red colored circle shows the Island we will trek and camp on.
The above pictures shows the island in the middle of the water and we will camp on the river bank (:
Tentative Itinerary (may vary):
4.30 am (sharp): Meet at MGBS Main Enquiry
4.45 am: Catch APSRTC bus to Devarakonda from MGBS (Will not wait for late comers)
7.30 am: Reach Devarakonda
7.30 am to 8.30 am: Have breakfast
8.30 am: Catch bus to reach the village
12.00 pm: Reach village & have Lunch
01.00 pm: Start hike and trek to reach back waters of Krishna river
02.00 pm: Reach backwaters of Krishna river
02.30 pm to 03.00 pm: Reach island via boat
03.30 pm to 05.00 pm: Trek and Summit the temples on the top of the Island
05.00 pm to 05.30 pm: Relax on the Island
5.30 pm to 8.30 pm: Dinner preparation, campfire and Pitch tents (Outdoor cooking, everybody is expected to help.)
8.30 pm to 11.30 pm: Star gazing
6.30 am: Wakeup call
7.00 am to 7.30 am: Refresh and light breakfast
7.30 am to 8.30 am: Scramble down to river bank
8.30 am to 10.30 am: Boating into the vallies
10.30 am to 12.00 pm: Return hike and trek to village
12.00 pm to 1.00 pm: Have fruits / light food in village
1.00 pm: Board RTC Buses and travel back to Hyderabad
5.00 pm: Reach Hyderabad MGBS.. Tata.. bye..bye...
Things to bring: [ All are compulsory]
1) Good and positive mood :).
2) 1 track pant / loose trousers or jeans (stretchable) - full length.
3) 1 T-shirt - (please avoid bright colored and shiny clothes).
4) Mosquito cream.
5) sun hat / head gear (will be very hot. please get at-least a towel to protect yourself from sun).
6) Camera to capture photos.
7) Torch / Flashlight / headlight with spare batteries.
8) Medicines you need.
9) A Sunday breakfast meal.
10) Refreshments / chocolates / energy bars / Energy Drinks / sugar salt mixture.
11) Water bottle 2 liters and 1 empty 2.5 liters to fill in village.
12) Toiletries (tooth brush, paste, small towel / napkin, comb).
13) 2 biodegradable plastic bags medium size to carry waste.
14) Photo Id (Employee / College Id, Pan card / Election Card / Driving License) with a xerox copy.
15) A rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in and hang on your back, try to keep the bag less than 5 kgs.
16) Sleeping Bag or 2 bed sheets. Its Island and it can get very cold in the night.
17) Small knife to cut vegetables.
18) Oranges (min: 4 each)
19) A steel plate and a spoon (spoon is optional) for having your meal. A big no no to paper plates.
20) Duly filled Disclaimer Form (http://files.meetup.com/1166925/GHAC%20Disclaimer%202012.pdf)
If interested, please add yourself up in waiting list and we will pick you up. Selection is upon organizer(s) discretion.
-> Strictly no getting into water by any chance.
-> No smoking and no alcohol.
-> No littering, no pollution of water.
-> This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable.
-> We carry Basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need any special attention.
-> If you dont feel well, bring it to the notice of the organizers immediately.
-> This is an exploratory trek, kindly bear with anything that might come ahead of us.
-> This is a simple exploratory trek. All expectations are imaginary.
-> There might be situation where problem might occur with localities or cops. Please let event hosts handle the situation.
-> There might be chances to cancel the event in the middle, please be prepared.
-> Event hosts decisions are final.
Cost Approx 1800/- , we have to share extra expenses if occur or if it is below 1800 refund will be done the same day after the trek.
Payment Link - http://www.eventdunia.com/index.php/meetup?event_id=254955634&inr=1800
Rs. 400 - RTC bus tickets (Hyderabad - Devarakonoda - village) to & fro.
Rs. 300 - Food [(First day: Breakfast + Dinner).
Rs. 650 - Boating to Island + fun boating Sunday morning ( First & Second day Lunch)
Rs. 300 - Organizer(s) Reimbursement.
10% - Club Donation (Towards club maintenance and equipment).
5% - GST
Responsible Trekking: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible.
Please bring a signed copy of this declaration
All GHAC Club Rules (http://www.meetup.com/great-hyderabad-adventure-club/pages/Club_Guidelines/) are valid. Strictly No littering, No Smoking and Drinking
Contact Details: Maddiee -[masked]
38 on waitlist