This is a fully exploratory trek, the itinerary may vary on location. We may have to improvise/extend/cut-short our plans depending on our progress. Please RSVP only if you are in for the adventure.
Slots: Only 10.
Days : 3 Full Days ( Nov 3, 4, 5 - Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Tuesday morning return)
Difficulty : Medium++
Tail Baila village has 2 walls upto 250 feet in height. We will attempt to climb the left wall.
The next day, we attempt to rappel down a 700 feet waterfall in 3 patches. 1st ppatch is about 120 Feet, 2nd is 350 feet and 3rd patch is about 200 feet.
More details will be added soon.
• RSVP only if you have Rappelling experience. If you don't, register for this rappelling event (https://www.meetup.com/great-hyderabad-adventure-club/events/255263585/)
• Register to the Waitlist on this meetup
• You will be chosen based on your previous trek history and your previous organizer feedback.
• Once you are moved to the "Yes" List, make the payment within 2 days. Else you will be moved back to the Not Going List. For any exceptions please talk to the organizer.
• Note: This trek is subject to the weather conditions. If things does not work out, we may have to cancel the trek and the amount will be fully refunded. Please be Prepared.
• Tickets --- 1000 ( Tatkal only, regular tickets are not available. If we do not get Tatkal tickets, we will travel by bus)
• Local Transport --- 500
• Organizer Reimbursement --- 500 ( Only 2 organizer's trip expenses are covered. If the collected amount is more than the person's trip expenses, the rest will be refunded)
• Ghac Fees --- 500
• Misc 500 ( Since this is exploratory, we have a higher Misc amount, any unused money will be refunded back after the meetup during our return journey)
*** Food is excluded. Only Food for the first night will be in the village.
•Always ask the organizers to share the actual cost break after the meetup. It is a member's right to be aware of the actual expenses post the meetup.
Approx-3000/ - . we will share any excess costs
[ GHAC refund rules apply ... ]
8.30 pm :HYB to Lonavla (train)
10: 30 AM: Reach Lonavala
1 PM : Reach village and start the trek/ explore the area
6 PM : Camp
6 AM Start the hike to the waterfall and start rappelling first and second patch
4 PM : Camp close to the waterfall/waterpool
6 AM : Start Rappelling down the third patch and then climb to the top
12 PM : Reach village and start for Lonavala station
Things to bring: [ All are must ]
Rain cover for bag
Sleeping bag ,Torch
Trekking wear, Shoes & Extra pair of socks. [ Get good shoes and better if you are using them already]
Need to carry Food Items for 2 days
**** All items should fit into one trekking backpack. No item should be held in hand or dangling on shoulders or outside of bag.
Will let you know more info regarding things to bring in separate email.
Please ring up the organizers for any questions/ Clarifications
Ananth - nine nine 8 five zero 14 seven 87
1) No smoking and no alcohol.
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, We might have to attend our nature calls out in the bushes. Be Prepared. No Paper tissues should be used, if it is necessary then the used tissue should be discarded in a recycle bin.
4) Food will be whatever that is available in a humble village home. Nothing fancy.
5) We carry Basic First Aid, please do inform us if you need any special attention.
6) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.