Please read full description before responding to event.
Activities involved : Rafting @ Kolad and Raigad late evening Trek
Where : Kolad, Maharastra
Difficulty : Easy and thrilling - first timers can also participate
Rafting Grade : 2+ to 3+ (higher the grade higher the difficulty)
Kolad is a village in the Mahad region in the state of Maharashtra. It lies in the banks for river Kundalika. Kolad is located on NH 17, popularly known as the Mumbai - Goa highway.
The trekking trails in Kolad offer medium challenges to adventurous trekkers and the trekking during the Monsoon has a special charm, making it a unique feature of Kolad.
Kolad offers so many excellent adventurous activities that enable one self to replenish one’s acquaintance with nature. The greatest attraction of this charming village is the ‘Kundalika River’. Water released from the nearby dams makes the river ever flowing. Kundalika riverbeds in Kolad are ideal locations for adventurous activities. Apart from river rafting this river offers other excellent ventures like Kayaking, Jungle Camping, and River crossing. Boating through the river is a real experience for any of the visitor and lush magnificent greenery around the riverbanks can be enjoyed by it.White water rafting is a challenging recreational activity using an inflatable raft to navigate the Kundalika river and enjoy the scenery all along. Rafting is a thrilling and exciting sport that you will remember for a long time - The rafting trips are run by trained professional guides and wet suits, life jackets and helmets are provided for safety.
Rafting distance: 11 KMs
Rafting Time: 2 Hrs to 2.5 Hrs
Grade (Difficulty): 2+ to 3+ (higher the grade higher the difficulty)
Camping - Camping in our own Tents. Enjoy the night around the bonfire and gazing at the stars in the night.
Raigad is a hill fort situated in the Mahad, Raigad district of Maharashtra. The Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj built this fort and made his capital in 1674 when he was crowned King of a Maratha Kingdom which later developed into the Maratha Empire. The fort is located a t a height of 2700 ft above sea level.
Payment link: pls contact organizers for payment link
Hyderabad-Pune Train To and Fro: Rs 800/-
Food for 1 Night and 2 days: TBD
Transportation between Pune-Raigad-Kolad-Pune: Rs 750/-
Rafting charges :TBD
Organiser reimbursement : TBD
GHAC fund TBD
Note: Amount left after event completion will be shared equally or need to bear the extra expenses, if any.
***..........NO REFUNDS .........***
- 8.30 PM Mumbai Express(17032) from Nampally to Pune (Begumpet- 8:50 PM, Lingampally- 9:10 PM)
- 9:00 AM - Reach Pune and have breakfast, take mini bus from Pune to Raigad
- 1:00 PM - Lunch on the way to Raigad (if possible, otherwise will have lunch at Raigad)
- 2:00 PM - Reach Raigad fort base
- 03:00 PM - 06:00 PM - Ascend Raigad fort
- 07:00 PM - Descend Raigad fort, dinner and crash to bed.
- 05:30 AM - Wake Up Call
- 08:00 AM - Reach Rafting point
- 12:00 PM - Lunch
- 01:00 PM - start back to Lonavala
- 05:40 PM - Board Konark Express(11019) to Hyderabad
- 8:00 AM - Reach Hyderabad
Things to bring:
1) Extra set of clothes.Wear loose tracks/trousers.
2) Trekking /sport shoes with extra pair of socks. Shoes are a must
3) Toiletries and personal medicines if required
4) Photo Id proof.
5) Water bottles to carry 2 liters of water.(Get your own bottles to avoid buying plastic bottles)
6) Food: Snacks..dry fruits, chocolates, chikkis etc.
7) Mandatory Declaration -Please bring a signed copy of this declaration -
all GHAC rules applicable
Important Safety Advisory for All (http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/Important_Safety_Advisory/)
Activities Participation Disclaimer (http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/Disclaimer/)
Club Guidelines (http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/club_rules/)
Trekking FAQ's (http://meetup.ghac.in/pages/FAQ%27s/)
Know more about Club at www.ghac.in (http://www.ghac.in/)
Check upcoming events at Calendar (http://www.ghac.in/calendar.html)
Follow us on Social media to know all happenings
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ghac.in) FB Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ghacevents) Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/hydadventure) Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ghac_hyderabad)
Lastly we will love to hear from you on how we are doing. Please write your views here (http://www.ghac.in/feedback.html%22)
For any queries contact