Trek Notes : Only for Ages 18+ and who are physically fit.
Category: Adventure / Trek / Nature Camping
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 2815 Feet above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Mahuli
Group size: 13+2
Duration : Friday evening to Monday morning
How to Join: RSVP, Join the waiting list, make the payment, once we receive your payment you will be moved into going list.
Mahuli is a popular trekking destination on the Sahyadris. At 2815 Feet, it is the tallest peak in Thane district. Easy accessibility and beautiful rock formations make Mahuli a hit with the trekkers from Mumbai and surrounding areas. Rustic facilities are provided by Nature on the top like drinking water from the Cistern in the Shiva Temple and shelter in the caves. Mahuli Fort played its role throughout history with the Mughals, Nizamshahi. Shivaji Maharaj and British vying for it. The best part of the trek up Mahuli is the panoramic view from top of all prominent peaks on the Sahyadris.
Mahuli Fort & Shivaji Maharaj:
Shahaji Rane, father of Shivaji Maharaj antagonised the Mughals when he became the secretary of Nizamshahi. In 1635 Shahaji had to take shelter at Mahuli fort along with his Wife Jija Bai and a young Shivaji. Unfortunately the Portuguese did not respond to his request for help, and ultimately Shahaji had to surrender to Khan Jaman’s forces. Shivaji Maharaj took back the fort from Mughals in 1658.
Tentative Itinerary: [ May vary ]
Fri 8:40 pm : Catch train to Kalyan (Mumbai Express)
Day 2 (Sat):
12 PM : Reach Kalyan
3 PM : Reach Mahuli (Base village)
6 PM : Reach peak and camp
Day 3 (SUN):
5 AM: wake up call and small trek around until sunrise.
10AM : Start for Asangaon
12PM : Reach Kalyan/Mumbai
1 PM: Catch train to Hyderabad /Bus based on ticket availability
7:50 AM : Reach Hyderabad , Adios and back to work!
2600/- (More or less will be shared)
Cost Breakup :
Train Fair : 800/-
Local Logistics : 400/-
Food Expenses : 500/- (food in train excluded)
Entry Fee : 50/-
Misc : 200/-
Club Fund : 200/-
GST : 200/- (Payable to Govt.)
Org Reimbursement : 250/-
Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
GHAC refund rules apply.
Food In trains+ water+any entry tickets if any excluded.
Use the below link to pay using credit/Debit/Netbanking
(Will be updated soon)
Things to bring: [ All are must ] and wrap everything in polythene so that they do not get wet..
1) A Rucksack / haversack, in other words a bag u can put all your stuff in and hang on ur back, try to keep the bag less then 5 kgs with 2 lts water
2) Raincoat/poncho for yourself with rain cover for bag
3) Trekking /sport shoes with extra pair of socks [Preferably shoes which cover till your ankle]
4) Torch / Flashlight /headlight
5) 1 track pants/ loose trousers - full length & a T Shirt and other Toiletries needed.
6) Mosquito repellent.
7) Toiletries required
8) Sleeping bags or blankets are must.
9) Photo Id (any valid card with your photograph and signature on it)
10) Signed Disclaimer form.
Few things in between are not planned and these things are must in an adventure trek.
Note: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Ladies and gents accommodation is separate in tents.
5) Food will be mostly vegetarian
6) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8) If you can't swim don't go deep into the water
Important : Answers all the questions otherwise your RSVP will not be considered
"Always ask the organizers to share the actual cost break after the meetup"
NOTE: Event Hosts have all the rights to add or remove any member and do necessary changes in route, activity, time, duration depending on the situations and climate conditions. ORGANIZER'S DECISION IS FINAL (ITS ALL ABOUT SAFETY, PLEASE CO-OPERATE)
Sha Bhai -[masked] (WhatsApp)