Trek type: Hill Fort
Grade : Easy-Moderate
Base Village: lohgad
Height: Visapur(3,556 ft), Lohgad (3,389 ft)
Team size: 11+1
Visapur and Lohgad are twin forts forming Lohagad-Visapur fortification in Lonavala region.
Lohgad fort is treasury during Shivaji period, standing at 1,033 m above sea level. The fort has been declared as a protected monument by the government and more visited by trekkers.
Visapur fort is larger and at a higher elevation of 1084 meters above sea level. Bhaje caves are on the way to the fort. Waterfall route to the top is a delight.
- Board Mumbai express from Nampally / Begumpet / Lingampally
Sat(Jul 13) :
- Reach Lonavala station and catch local to Malavli
- Have Lunch
- Visit Bhaje caves
- Trek to reach base village
- Dinner and camp
Sun (Jul 14 )
- Trek to lohgad
- Trek to Visapur top enroute get drenched in waterfalls and pools
- Return to base to have lunch
- Reach Lonavala by 4 PM, buy chikkis and catch Konark express
Mon (Jul 15) :
07:30 - reach Lingampally
Hyd - Hyd by sleeper train
Excluding food to decrease tax component
Anything not listed in inclusions
Things to bring:
Will share in whatsapp group
Signed Disclaimer form.
Note: Most of us may not be serious trekkers but all of us have equal responsibility in protecting our beloved earth. GHAC earnestly requests all its members to be socially responsible whilst the treks and avoid any littering, shouting when in wild or causing anything that would disturb the normal ecology. Try to avoid plastics as much as possible, especially plastic smiles.
1) No smoking and no alcohol
2) No littering, no pollution of water
3) This is not a luxury trip, but all care has been taken to make your trip comfortable
4) Ladies and gents accommodation is separate in tents.
5) Food will be mostly vegetarian
6) We carry Basic First Aid and if you need anything you can ask the organizers
7) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.
8) If you can't swim don't go deep into the water
Important : Answers all the questions otherwise your RSVP will not be considered
"Always ask the organizers to share the actual cost break after the meetup"
NOTE: Event Hosts have all the rights to add or remove any member and do necessary changes in route, activity, time, duration depending on the situations and climate conditions. ORGANIZER'S DECISION IS FINAL (ITS ALL ABOUT SAFETY, PLEASE CO-OPERATE)
Shabby-[masked] (Whatsapp Preferred))