** Do not RSVP if you have not read the entire details here,
Days : 3 Full Days (Aug 16, 17, 18- 2019 )
Difficulty : High(First timers not allowed)
Let's take a virtual Tour of Nalichi Vaat here. All videos are from our 2014 trip.
Harishchandragad is a hill fort in Malshej Ghat which has played a major role in guarding and controlling the surrounding region.
This hill fort can be approached from multiple routes. One such route via Nalichi Vaat (which translates to ‘passage through a gorge’) is a channel that lies to the extreme right of the mountain. It is the most difficult path to the top. Popular among climbers and experienced trekkers, Nalichi Vaat involves a near 80 degree climb, involving steep rock patches. The trail begins on a stream bed filled with large man-sized rocks and eventually leads to the foot of the gorge.
Jassi, Shravan and few others on the Trek route. Most of the uphill route is through a Gorge and that means lot of steep climbs over huge rolling boulders.
The Trek comprises Rock climbing multiple patches. Below is one of them. On a rainy day there would usually be a waterfall at this exact patch.
Ananth Leading the climb to set up the rope followed by Dhilleban showing how to climb with a rope. Everyone should be able to climb with a rope effortlessly.
A tricky Traverse along the way. Deepak crossing it effortlessly.
Hrishikesh climbing one of the many Rock patches with Vivek spotting him from below. This one is towards the top of Konda Kada.
1. Register to the Waitlist.
2.You will be chosen based on your previous trek history and your previous organizer feedback.
• Note: This trek is subject to the weather conditions. If things does not work out, we may have to cancel the trek and the amount will be fully refunded. Please be Prepared.
Konkan Kada. The Majestic Concave mountain.
• Tickets 800
• Food 300( dinner on 16th and 17th)
• Organizer 300
• Local Tras. 400
• Ghac donation 500
• Misc 200
Total-2500 / - . we will share any excess costs
*Do not pay without talking to the organizer,else thanks a lot for your donation to GHAC.
Top of Taramati Peak. The highest Peak in the Range.
8.40pm :HYB to Kalyan (train)
12.00 Am: Reach kalyan
2pm: Reach Belpada
3 to7pm Rest
5am : Start trek to konkonakada via nalichi vaat
6pm : reach konkankada and followed by caves
8pm : ni8 stay at caves
4am : taramathi peak sunrise
7am : start to caves and bac
8 am : start to khireswar
11 am : reach khireswar
3 pm : reach Kalyan
4 pm: Board Train to Hyderabad
***Things to bring: if you do not have any of these items, please rent them. You will strictly not be allowed without any of these items.
3. Sleeping bag ,Torch
4. Trekking Shoes.
5. Need to carry Food Items for 2 full trek days
6. ***A good trekking bag. All your items should fit inside your bag and there should be 3xtra room to carry equipment. Everyone must carry equipment, irrespective of you have space or not. No item should be dangling outside the bag or in your arms. Your arms should be free for climbing.
Please drop a message the organizers for any questions/Clarifications. Sms/watsapp preferred.
Ananth - 99 eight five zero 147 eight seven
(This trip will happen even with minimum head count of 5. Please do not call up and ask if this trek is happening or how many are coming.)
1) No smoking, no alcohol and no littering.
3) This is not a luxury trip, We might have to attend our nature calls out in the bushes. Be Prepared.
5) If you feel unwell bring to the notice of the organizers immediately.