addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Sloane M.
user 4915186
Austin, TX
Post #: 10
Hello everyone! I am reaching out to this group because my family and I are faced with a difficult decision. We are having to move across country because my husband has been offered his dream job (YAY!). However, we will be moving from a house with a large back yard to an apartment. I'm not sure how long we will be in the apartment, it all depends on how long it takes us to find a house that we can afford. Long story short, we have a 6 year old Great Dane. He spends all his days outside and loves being out all day long. We are trying to decide what would be best for him. The car ride alone is 24 hours (it will take 2-3 days since we will have our 1 year old daughter as well), then he will be forced to stay in an apartment all day long while we work. It pains me to think of finding him a new home because I have had him since he was three months old. However, I understand that this may be what is best for him. We plan on moving by the end of March. If we do decide to find him a new home we want to do it soon. So, just in case it doesn't work out (he gets depressed, stops eating, etc) we will still be in town and will be able to come back to get him. We really just need advice on what is best for him. We love him and our daughter is OBSESSED with "Dog". She looks for him every morning when she wakes up and gets so excited when she sees them. However, I don't want him to start acting up because of being crammed inside all the time in an apt :( Please help if you can! Thank you for your time!

Sloane, Scott, Annie, and Bo.