What we're about
General Information: For a list of other Grief-Support related Groups in Meetup, you can visit: http://grief-support.meetup.com/ . Below, you will find the specifics on this "Grief Support Network" Meetup:
This Meetup is "For People Grieving and for Those Who Have Grieved" and the hope is that thru this meetup we can create a proximity-based social network of Grief Support Angel Volunteers from our communities.
A network to support those grieving by sharing our own experiences, challenges and journeys.
A network to help ourselves by helping others in our communities in one of their times of greatest need.
The App to help us Connect Locally is: "Grief Support Network" and is available on Google Play ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ima.fantastic.griefsupport&hl=en ), iTunes (soon), or for Others: http://h.fanapp.mobi/grief .
The App has a Meetup button on the second line to help us connect locally and see/rsvp for our meetup events or help us schedule an event, announcements, etc.
If you have experienced Grief, you know the pain, and also the importance of having people around you who can support us during our grieving process.
Support can come in many different ways, and sometimes, it is just silent companionship, an ear to listen, or a word of encouragement to get our grief and ourselves into motion.
One of the key reasons for creating this meetup is that when we faced the unexpected loss of our Mother, we were lost and only knew that this was the most painful experience we had ever encountered. We tried to find help locally, but faced many hurdles and challenges trying to find a grief support group that was in session, open, affordable, and accessible, and came out empty-handed. We ourselves could have used this type of meetup and grief support proximity-based network of volunteer angels during our time of need, so we hope that by creating it - we can enlist others to help ourselves by helping those grieving in our communities.
Once your request to join the group has been approved, we look to each member to organize local grief support meetup events that speak to their heart. Whether it is for a walk, coffee/tea chat, a run, a movie , a picnic, a bike ride or other, and whether you focus the event on a specific type of loss (ie, Loss of a Parent, Loss of a Child, Loss of a Pet, etc) - It is entirely up to you, but we are trying to keep these events free and affordable to all, so please keep that in mind when scheduling one.
IV. Proximity-based Network of Angels:
Our long term hope is that thru this "Grief Support Angels Network Meetup" we can connect people in our community who are grieving and those who have grieved in a 24/7 network of volunteer Grief Support Angels that can be there for others when they need it the most.
Help yourself by helping others find grief support from our community 24/7, and know that someday - the folks being helped by the members of this group may be our own families and loved ones. Enjoy your day, and if you have some suggestions for the meetup - Please let us know.
Thank you for your interest in this meetup.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
1. In consideration for receiving permission to participate
in this Meetup Group: “Grief Support Angels Network”, I hereby RELEASE, WAIVE,
DISCHARGE, and COVENANT NOT TO SUE the Meetup, their organizers, members,
servants, agents, employees, and affiliates(hereinafter referred to as
RELEASEES) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of
action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury,
including death, that may be sustained by me, or to any property belonging to
me, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, or otherwise while
participating in such activity, or while in, on or upon the premises where the
activity is being conducted or in transportation to and from said premises.
2. To the best of my knowledge, I can fully participate in
this activity. I am fully aware of the risks and hazards connected with the
activity including but not limited to the risks as noted herein, and I hereby
elect to voluntarily participate in said activity, and to enter the above-named
premises and engage in such activity knowing that the activity may be hazardous
to me and my property. I VOLUNTARILY ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RISKS
OF LOSS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH, that may be
sustained by me, or any loss or damage to property owned by me, as a result of
being engaged in such an activity, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF
RELEASEES or otherwise.
3. I further hereby AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the
RELEASEES from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and
attorney’s fees, that may incur due to my participation in said activity,
WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES or otherwise.
4. It is my express intent that this Release and Hold
Harmless Agreement shall bind the members of my family and spouse (if any), if
I am alive, and my heirs, assigns and personal representative, if I am not
alive, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO
SUE the above named RELEASEES. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of
Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the
laws of the State of Texas.
5. I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RELEASEES AND ALL ITS AFFILIATES
WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MEDICAL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY INJURY I MAY SUSTAIN WHILE PARTICIPTING IN ANY OF THE MEETUP EVENTS, ONLINE MEETINGS, AND ANY OR ALL GROUP
6. I further agree to become familiar with the rules and regulations of MEETUP concerning member conduct and not to violate said rules or any directive or instruction made by the person or persons in charge of said program and that I will further assume the complete risk of any activity done in violation of any rule or directive or instruction.
7. I also understand that I should, and am urged by the Meetup Group to obtain adequate health and accident insurance to cover any personal injury to myself that may be sustained during any of the meetup events or the transportation to and from any of those events.
8. BY JOINING THIS MEETUP AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY OF THE MEETUP EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES, I ACKNOWLEDGE, AGREE WITH, AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it, AND AGREE TO IT BY MY JOINING OF THIS MEETUP, voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements or inducements, apart from this online agreement, have been made; I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent. Date of this Agreement will be the DATE YOU JOINED THE GROUP.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY PARTS OF THIS DISCLAIMER, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY LEAVE THE GROUP AND END YOUR MEMBERSHIP. You can do this online at www.Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/)
from you’re your own meetup account.