We are having a meetup at 6:30 on October 24th: http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/events/140759692/ Lets preface it with a developer's meetup at 4:00pm.
There will be no presentations. We will be having a discussion. Suggested topics include:
• Component Lieutenants Revisit
• There should be more (reviews/+1s/Friction Committing?
• How to do compatibility testing going forward?
• Short-term/Long-term Client, our hurdle in way of better perf.
• 0.98 -- when and what is in it?
• 1.0. Is 0.98 == 1.0?
• When to drop hadoop1 support? next year?
• What can we do for 0.96 adoption
• Release passes IT tests for time period before release
• Sequenceid/MVCC unification and multiWAL
• Speculative Read
• Favored node finish up
• Compactions -- Stripe?
• Master Redo
• Secondary indices from phoenix?