TLDR: We're gonna hang out at Humanmade makerspace and hack on our own projects together! There will be some tools and snacks available. Swing by for all or just part of it! 🎉
Ah, October. It's the month of getting ready for Halloween, Hackaday Supercon, and of course, it's also Open Source Hardware Month!
To celebrate, let's all get together and bring some open source hardware to hack on. Been thinking about that nifty badge or great halloween costume you've been wanting to make? There's some open source hardware for that, and this might just be the event for you.
This is the first time we'll be trying this format, so come with your project components, snazzy tools, open minds and laughing smiles. Come and go as you please.
This month's meetup is going to be in SF newest makerspace, Humanmade! They have graciously offered the space for our use, and they included access to their electronics tools corner which has soldering irons, oscilloscopes, and more. If in doubt, you're welcome to bring your own tools.
In keeping with this meetup's tradition, you can also feel free to simply bring in your finished projects to share and talk about. 🎉 Bonus points if it's related to open source hardware. 💯
We'll have some food brought in, and some non-alcoholic beverages. Excited to hack and make with you all!
Instructions to find the event:
If you're navigating / ridesharing to this location, you should point the GPS to the address of Arch Art Supplies instead (10 Carolina St, San Francisco, CA 94103).
1. Look across the street on Hooper St to find some 3H event signage
2. Use the call box A-Z buttons to find "Humanmade", click the bell icon to ring the front desk and tell them you're downstairs for the 3H event so they can buzz you in the door.
3. Use the elevator and press floor 4
4. Celebrate! You made it! ✨
If you have any issues finding the space, please post in this event page on the day of, or message us so we can help!
Links to more info!
1. Humanmade: https://www.humanmade.org/
2. Other Open Source Hardware Month events: https://ohm.oshwa.org/events/
3. Open Source Hardware Summit: https://2020.oshwa.org/