addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Edmonton Harry Potter Club Message Board › Where to Get Adult Harry Potter Costumes in Edmonton?

Where to Get Adult Harry Potter Costumes in Edmonton?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

Came across your group by chance during a search for, of all things, a costume for a Harry Potter themed dance I'm planning on attending this Friday with the UofA Dance Club. I'd like to go in costume.

Was wondering if you can point me in the right direction to get a Ravenclaw robe/costume locally here in Edmonton?

Also, can you provide some advice on accessories that would make the costume awesome...have seen Ravenclaw ties online...perhaps a wizard's wand and a hat?!? Have to admit that I don't know much about Harry Potter...did see the first movie when it first came out...perhaps I'm a budding Harry Potterite.

Thanks, in advance, for your help with my questions.

Take Care,
Steve
Maria
mjenkins
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 21
To my knowledge, there are no proper HP costumes available locally, all of mine have been bought online, although you might be able to fake it with a plain black robe and blue-and-silver slashed tie. IF I'm wrong, however, and you CAN get such a thing locally, your best bet is going to be The Theatre Garage: http://www.theatregar...­ The website appears to be unfinished, but at least the address and contact info is there. Good luck!

In terms of accessories, too bad you didn't join the club about a week earlier! We just had a woodworking meetup where several of our members made their own wands!

Um... I do have a couple of Hogwarts hats (one of the brimless "student" hats from the first movie, and one with a wide brim) but both of them make the wearer look like a supreme goof (which we assume is why we never saw the students wearing hats after the first movie!)
A former member
Post #: 61
It might be a longshot, but i have seen Hogwarts Costumes at the party store in WEM, its downstairs near sears. They had them on display last year just before halloween, they might have them again this year.
A former member
Post #: 1
Oh,my dear friends.In fact you have many choice to buy a Harry Potter costume,such as ebay,amazon
But ,If you want to buy the best one ,I think you should choose a professional company.http://cosplaysky.com/­,you can try it.
I an a fans of Harry potter,too.How about this Harry Potter Gryffindor of Hogwarts Robe Costume ? I look around online and find this cosplay costume, I want to buy it. But I want to hear your guys opinion before I make the payment.