addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Having Fun in Az Social Group Message Board › Need Cool Ideas for a Birthday Celebration Night Out

Need Cool Ideas for a Birthday Celebration Night Out

Kate
user 6115657
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 5
My best friend's bday is in a couple of weeks, and we're trying to come up with a fun, somewhat unique place to go/activity/etc.

We've done the bar crawls, party bus, etc. To give an idea of some of the things that have come up - dancing (anyone know a fun place to go salsa dancing... maybe that has an intro lesson for someone who doesn't know what they're doing... namely, me ;) ), bowling at Lucky Strike, etc. We're pretty active, so we thought about paddleboarding, but it's still pretty hot to spend a few hours in the sun. The group is mostly couples, everyone late 20s and early 30s.

Any ideas you have to share would be great, thanks!
Sandy M
user 4043623
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 50
Someone told me, recently, about a place in Mesa called Monsterland. I get scared at cheesy monster flicks, so it's probably not my kind of place, but at the same time, it's got my curiosity up. Their website says they have happy hours, dance lessons (even unusual dances like Zydeco or belly dancing), costume contest nights, DJ music and dancing, "Scareoke"/Karaoke, Zombie Beauty Pagents, Arizona Micro Brews on tap, drink specials, large dance floor, live music, FREE PARKING. Their contact info from their site is:
18 W. Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201 – 480-461-3300
Their home page: http://monsterland.co...­ and their calendar of events: http://monsterland.co...­
If nothing else, it is different than the normal bar! Hope you find this interesting and helpful~
cyndi
user 3820316
Group Organizer
Mesa, AZ
Post #: 332
I am actually in discussions for an event there :) hope to plan one soon. On sept 1st I can not host as have a commitment but they will have belly dancing lessons..I thought that would be fun