addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Jessica
user 9897010
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 12
Hello all!
I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who can help me either fix or transport my scooter? It won't start - I haven't started it since last year when I broke my foot and couldn't ride anymore. :(
Someone told me I just need to buy some carburetor cleaner and put it in, but I am not even qualified to do that! It's a Kymco People 50cc.
If there's anyone who can help me, I'll pay you $50 for either a fix or tow (if it can't be easily fixed).
Thanks for any help!
:) Jessica
K-raig
kraigj
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14
Where are you, Jessica? Or rather, where is your scooter?
K-raig
kraigj
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 15
How's the battery? If the scooter sat all winter the battery's probably dead. Does the motor turn over?
How about the side stand and the kill switch. That kill switch will get you every time.
A former member
Post #: 12
Great questions Kraig! Also, how old is it? If relatively new, I doubt the carb is fouled. It's better if gas does NOT sit in the scooter over a winter, but not a killer. I will be shopping for kids college stuff at IKEA on Saturday with my trailer. Where are you (generally) and where would you want it towed? If convienient you can skip the $50 and use it for your repair.
Jessica
user 9897010
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 13
Thanks for your help guys! :)
It's a 2008. When I try and start it, it makes the same noise a car makes when it's trying to start.
Mike - I live in downtown Minneapolis and want to take it to Scooterville, which is less than 2 miles away. I would give you gas money to come here if it would work for you!
I miss riding with you guys, and will hopefully be able to join you again soon! :)
K-raig
kraigj
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 16
Hey Jessica, I could stop by and take a look at it on my way home from work this evening, if that would work for you. Click on my name here "K-raig" and "Send email" to reply off the forum list.
A former member
Post #: 13
Jessica,

I will be driving through town around 12:00 on Saturday. Going from my daughter's new apartment to IKEA. I will have my trailer. I see Kraig made an offer to help. If he can't get it going, I will be happy to take it to Scooterville. Save your $ for the repair bill. It's not at all out of my way. My kids will be with me. They can help! smile
Jessica
user 9897010
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14
THANK YOU both so much! I'll be in touch! :)
Jessica
user 9897010
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 15
Mike and Kraig - thanks for your help! It will hopefully be fixed on Tuesday and I'll be out riding with you all soon!
Kraig - it still wouldn't start after I charged the battery. When I brought it in, they said it was probably the carburetor - a $150 job to fix it. Ugh! I'll get your charger back to you soon. If you're not going on a ride with the group soon, I can drop it off at either your work or home. Let me know what works best for you. Thanks!
Jessica
user 9897010
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 16
Scooter is fixed! Let's go for a ride! :)