This event was canceled
hiCenter & IBM are excited to invite you to an hands-on Workshop - Learn How to use Watson Visual Recognition
Watson Visual Recognition understands an image's content out-of-the-box. Watson provides pre-trained models that enable you to analyze images for objects, faces, colors, food, explicit content and other subjects for insights into your visual content.
In this workshop, you will learn how to use Watson’s default classifiers for image recognition and create and manage custom classifiers which can analyze images according to the requirements of your application.
Don't forget to bring your laptops to follow along with the speaker!
Developers will learn:
1) Set up Visual Recognition Service
2) Build a Custom Classification Model
3) Upload, train and test the Model
4) Use Text to Speech and some other IBM Watson services
For this workshop you will first need:
• a set of 10 jpg images (it may be your family, friends, or any other images you are interested to work with). There should be one object on the picture only
• Python 3.6 or higher installed on the workstation
• Basic Python Coding skills
Speaker: Avi Vizel
Avi Vizel is the University Relations Manager & Developer Advocate with more than 25 years of experience working at IBM with large scale projects, monitoring, and teaching. In the last years, Avi works mostly with academia and the young generation of developers focusing on modern dev technologies.
10:00 - 10:30 Mingling
10:30 - 13:00 The Real Thing