addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Baltimore Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › New Event: Greenbelt National Park

New Event: Greenbelt National Park

Dominic F.
user 3796644
Washington, DC
Announcing a new event for The Baltimore Hiking Meetup Group!

What: Greenbelt National Park

When: Saturday, July 14, 10:00 AM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Greenbelt National Park: Join me in exploring a self described ?urban oasis?; a roughly 1000 acre park, formerly farmland, and a housing development to be- which never was, this land has been under the National Park Service control since 1950. Discover an urban oasis just twelve miles from the White House.

Specifics: Total distance 7.0 miles Loop trail
This hike is rated as moderate to easy; ?Estimated? time is 3.5 hr.
Vertical elevation change is 440 ft. Hey?.nothing wrong with an easy hike every now and then!

Directions: off I-495 (Capital Beltway) (from Baltimore, this would be 495 S, towards Richmond) take Exit 23, onto MD 201 South (Kenilworth Ave) Almost immediately, exit onto MD 193 East?Greenbelt Rd Less than 0.5 mi later, turn right at the traffic light to enter the park. Proceed to the parking area across from the park headquarters.; this is where we will meet up.

The park?s website is: http://www.nps.gov/gr...­

This hike will be primarily on the park?s Perimeter Trail.

Learn more here:
http://hiking.meetup....­
A former member
Post #: 5
Got it on my calendar! looking forward to it!!