addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Baltimore Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Carpool to Marlyand Heights/Harper's Ferry hike on Dec 6

Carpool to Marlyand Heights/Harper's Ferry hike on Dec 6

pj
user 8020696
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 4
A number of people have expressed interest in carpooling to the Marlyand Heights/Harper's Ferry hike on Dec 6 so I have started this thread to facilitate discussion.

There could be multiple carpool locations, but I would like to propose one in the area of I-70 and Route 29 in/near Ellicott City, perhaps in the Wal*Mart parking lot off of North Ridge Road.

Comments please!
A former member
Post #: 4
Sounds like a good idea!
M
user 7537984
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 2
yes, count me in. Can you please send us the exact address for this location and a contact name and number? Thanks a lot!
pj
user 8020696
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 5
The address is:

3200 North Ridge Road, Ellicott City, MD 21043

It's a big parking lot, so I really doubt they would mind a few extra cars. It's also a convenient place to stock up on munchies and take a pee break before the trip to HF.

I'll volunteer to be contact person, but since I drive a pickup with no back seat, my vehicle is probably not the best to take passengers in.

A former member
Post #: 1
I agree with your idea to carpool, and just need some directions.
I live in Towson, so I take 695 to I 70 and Rt 29 is on the left, right?
Let me know,
Pat
A former member
Post #: 5

What time should we meet to carpool? The hike starts at 10:00.
A former member
Post #: 1
It looks like it takes about an hour from the North ridge rd Walmart..How about 8:30?
pj
user 8020696
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 6
Ok, I think we've reached critical mass!

So far, we have the following confirmed people: PJ (me), Stephany, Pam, and Pat. May has changed her RSVP to No, so I'm going to assume she is out. This will fill one car, and we can probably squeeze in one more person or a guest. If no one else responds, we will be able to roll out as soon as the four of us show up. 8:30am is indeed a good time to meet. That will give us 15 minutes of wiggle room until we must roll out.

Just to confirm you are going to join in this carpool PLEASE email me - gnomad@gmail.com - with your telephone number. I will respond with my telephone number. Any stranglers should also email me as well, and I'll see what I can do. If I do not respond with my telephone number, do not assume that we will wait for you!!!

Directions to the wal*mart are:

I-70 West to Rt-29 South. This is the first exit after the beltway, and it its an exit from the left lane.

As soon as you get onto Rt-29, get into the right lane.

Then take Rt-40 East. This is the first exit, and the second off-ramp (the first off-ramp is Rt-40 West)

The merge with Rt-40 can be a bit dicey, so be careful.

As soon as you get onto Route 40, get into the left lane. Make a Left at the first light onto North Ridge Road.

You'll see the wal*mart on your left in about 1/2 mile.

Let's meet right at the entrance, as not many people park there.

I look forward to meeting you tomorrow! (BTW, this is my first meetup with this group!)

-pj.
A former member
Post #: 6
It looks like it takes about an hour from the North ridge rd Walmart..How about 8:30?

Sounds good. See you then.