addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Baltimore Hiking Meetup Group Message Board › Towson Journalism Student Needs Your Help!!

Towson Journalism Student Needs Your Help!!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Everybody -

I am a journalism student at Towson University and I am taking a summer class in which we are creating websites with articles and other media about a topic that interests us. I am thinking about doing my project on hikes in the Baltimore area and want to do a segment about the Meetup group as well as get some input from experienced hikers from around the region.

I just have a few general questions for now, and more will follow after I have a more solid idea of the direction that the project will take. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I am required to post a blog by tomorrow afternoon about the interviews and comments I have collected, and you can follow the progress of my project at http://jflynn303.word...­ (nothing up yet, just started).

So here are the questions, please e-mail me your responses to jflynn303@gmail.com or jflynn2@students.towson.edu; and thank you in advance for your help!

Also this doesn’t need to be anything very in-depth. Just a few words or a sentence response is fine.

How much do you think the budget cuts and the economy are affecting the department of Recreation and Parks operations? How has this compared to years in the past?

Do you think most Baltimore citizens know about most of the parks and recreational areas available to them?

Why are parks so important?

What kinds of things are being done to try to help these places thrive through both the department as well as volunteer help?

What is your favorite park in the Baltimore area?

Again, I appreciate ANY input that you can provide!

I hope to go on a hike with all of you sometime soon, I am going to be pretty booked for the next 4 weeks, but after that I am looking forward to meeting up and hitting some trails! wink

Thanks again,

Josh Flynn