HIKING LEVEL: Intermediate/Advanced due to hills.
DISTANCE: 7.5 mile loopm
HIKING TIME: About 4 hours.
DOGS ALLOWED: No dogs allowed in state park trails.
ELEVATION: 1,500 feet in elevation change.
CARPOOL LOCATION: Please meet 8:30am at 11th and P st parking lot in Downtown Sacramento for carpooling. Suggested carpool gas money, $4 per hour.
DRIVING TIME: 2 hours from Downtown Sacramento.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From 11th and P St in Downtown Sacramento;
1. Head west on 4th Ave toward 65th Street,
2. Turn right onto 65th St,
3. Merge onto US-50 W via the ramp to San Francisco/Reno/Stockton,
4. Merge onto US-50 W,
5. Continue onto I-80BUS W/US-50 W,
6. Merge onto I-80 W,
7. Take exit 33B for CA-37 toward Novato/San Rafael,
8. Continue onto CA-37 W,
9. Merge onto US-101 S via the ramp to San Rafael/San Francisco,
10. Merge onto US-101 S,
11. Take exit 445B toward Stinson Beach,
12. Merge onto CA-1 S,
13. Turn left onto CA-1 N,
14. Turn left to stay on CA-1 N
15. Once in the town of Stinson Beach, look for an entrance that leads to a large parking lot next to the beach to the left.
ESSENTIALS: Sweater/or windbreaker in case of morning fog/overcast, first aid kit, small lunch, hiking gear, 2 litters of water, salty snacks, and sun protection gear.
HIKING DESCRIPTION: I have done this hike many times before, and heard it is one of the most popular hikes. We will start the hike at Stinson Beach's parking lot and hike in a counter-clockwise direction via Dipsea and Steep Ravine Trails going uphill, take a break and have lunch at benches at the Pantoll parking lot next to a Ranger station, and then cross the road and turn left onto Matt-Davis Trail, and hike back down to Stinson Beach through a variety of natural habitats.