HIKING LEVEL: Moderate
DISTANCE: 6 miles.
ELEVATION: About 1,000 overall feet gain, up and down hills.
HIKING TIME: 3 hours
ADMISSION: $3 per person and $1 per dog.
DOGS ALLOWED: Yes, and on a leash.
MEETING TIM: Meet 8:30am at 11th and P St parking lot in Downtown Sacramento at 8:30am for carpool.
For those meeting at the trailhead, meet at the park's entrance by 9:30am, the address for the park is 2149 Rockville RD, Fairfield, CA 94534
CARPOOL GAS MONEY: $7.
DRIVING TIME: 45 minutes from Downtown Sacramento to the regional park.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: From 11th and P St in Downtown Sacramento;
1. Take US-50/BUS 80 west toward San Francisco,
2. Then US-50 W becomes I-80 W,
3. Stay on I-80 Westbound for about 30 miles,
4. Then exit Rockville Road in Fairfield and continue straigth through the signal light,
5. Keep to rigth on Rockville Road,
6. Then at the turnabout proceed straight on Rockville Road and go through the intersection of Suisun Valley.
The park is located about 3/4 of a mile on the left hand side.
Look for a chain link fence enclosed parking lot. The address for this park is 2149 Rockville RD, Fairfield, CA 94534
Rockville Hills Regional Park in Fairfield is a walk among oak woodlands and grasslands in the rolling hills. After we paid the park entrance fee, we will hike up and down up to 6 miles on the rolling hills while we enjoy green grass, a variety of oak trees and shurbs, and the overviews of Fairfield, Suisun Bay, and the surrounding valley to the south. Near the end of the hike, there are tiny caves to explore in the park, which is optional. Official info about this park is on the following link: http://www.fairfield.ca.gov/gov/depts/pw/open_space/Rockville_Hills_Regional_park/default.asp