addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › Snow Shoe Anyone?

Snow Shoe Anyone?

A former member
Post #: 4
I've got some brand new snow shoes, have never done it, but this weekend looks like a good one. Anyone want to join me Saturday afternoon or Sunday?
A former member
Post #: 12
Hi Raven,
I was just checking out snow shoes at REI the other day. Looks like fun! I wish we lived closer because I would join you. I am in downtown Chicago, though. : )
Martha
user 11825362
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
Where will you be snow shoeing?

Martha
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm in downtown Libertyville, Any forest preserve with trails is fine. Where are you at? Independence Grove has some paths that around 2 miles around the lake. That might be good so that after one trip around, we can decide if we are up for another round.

Lisanne
A former member
Post #: 6
Gina, I am literally 2 blocks from the Libertyville Metra. If you wanted to take the train up, I could pick you up. There is also a coffee shop right next to the train station (Caribou) if you wanted to hang out there while you wait for the train on the way back.

Lisanne
A former member
Post #: 1
Hey Guys,
I've been snow shoeing for the last few weeks-it's a blast (actually, its the only way I can get around now, because my street in Garfield Pk. has not been plowed yet). In any case, I'd love to know if there is a group of people with snow shoes who would like to hit some trails this week-end. Peace,
Louis
A former member
Post #: 7
So, I haven't been able to find anyone else yet, who is interested. I'm going to head up to the Chicago Botanical Garden Saturday afternoon for snow shoeing. They have certain paths just for this.

Sunday I'm going to go to one of the Lake County Forest Preserve Dog Areas, to snow shoe while my dog runs around.

You are welcome to join me at either one. Just send me an email.

Lisanne
James
logjames
Wheaton, IL
Post #: 8
I plan on hitting the Red Gate Woods (Palos) Orange trail on Saturday if anyone is interested. I will be at the trail head, off of Archer Ave, about 1.5 miles east of Rt 83, at 9:30 AM. The orange trail is 5.6 miles with many opportunities to lengthen or shorten the trek.

Martha
user 11825362
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Lisanne,

I may be able to come to the Chicago Botanic Gardens on Saturday afternoon. I don't own snow shoes though. Are regular hiking boots okay? What time do you plan to arrive?

Martha
A former member
Post #: 14
Hi Lisanne - What a sweet, thoughtful offer! Do you think you might be going up to the Botanic Gardens with others who have posted here? This sounds like so much fun and it is going to be a little warmer this weekend, too. Gina : )