addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › had a great time this past weekend in the smokies

had a great time this past weekend in the smokies

robert
robertthehoosier
Chicago, IL
Post #: 25
16 people enjoyed the 12 mile hike. We had sunny skies and temperatures in the low to mid 80's. Everything is in bloom down there. I also stopped and hiked in southern Indiana and red river gorge in Kentucky. Two great places to hike with lots of hilly terrain. Also, was wondering if others have plans for Memorial Day Weekend. Would love to head south again. Maybe Shawnee or something like that. Let me know! Thanks, Robert.
A former member
Post #: 46
Hi Robert,
This is Brian from the Smokies hike. I have a 3 day 2 night trip set up for Memorial Day weekend(Sat, Sun, Mon) if anyone is interested in going. I have a permit for 10 in Linville Gorge NC. The hike was featured in Backpacker Magazine March 2011. 22 miles in 3 days. Let me know if you are interested in going,
Brian