addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › Backpacking Sept/Oct

Backpacking Sept/Oct

Sharon
user 8203409
Naperville, IL
Post #: 27
Thinking of doing a 3-4 day backpacking trip in the Porkies this fall. Anyone interested?
I'd be interested but I have class on Friday and Monday, so it would be tough. Are you considering Labor Day weekend by any chance?
A former member
Post #: 160
I will only be free 2nd and 3rd weekend in September and all of the weekends in October except for the last one.
Trinda
TdotW
Evanston, IL
Post #: 91
I could do last weekend in Sept or Oct. At least one of the backpacking meetups will probably have a trip the 1st weekend in Oct
Gina M.
user 9061916
Skokie, IL
Post #: 3
The first weekend of October is best for me & my husband. We've never been to the Porkies but have always wanted to. What a great idea for a trip, Linda, thanks :-) PS we're interested in staying in a cabin, too.
A former member
Post #: 22
I'd be interested in going. Pretty open on dates in September and October
Stephen P.
user 9854319
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
New to the group and have never been to the Porkies. Sounds interesting though. Haven't been hiking in a while and need to get away. Pretty open on the dates. If anyone needs a ride let me know.
A former member
Post #: 7
Where are the porkies?
Linda L
user 3912926
La Grange Park, IL
Post #: 8
Porcupine Mountains in UP Michigan. Ontonagon
Soo
SooJ
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
New to the group, never been up to the Porkies, but have been wanting to get back up to UP. Definitely up for staying in a CABIN. Anytime in October, except for the weekend of October 8th...