addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Windy City Hikers Meetup Group Message Board › RECOMMENDATION - Hiking Shoes

RECOMMENDATION - Hiking Shoes

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi there,
Can anyone recommend what to look for in hiking shoes for the summer and winter?

Thanks,
Cynthia
kurt
cwshats
Chicago, IL
Post #: 8
This reply might be a little late but for most hikes this group does I'd recommend hiking shoes rather than hiking boots, or maybe trail running shoes. So something with some mesh in them that breath and soles with some good tread. For some of our hikes like winter hikes with snow or more varied terrain like our upcoming Kettle Moraine hike I'd suggest hiking boots with no mesh and leather all over the sides. I would not pay extra for certain things such as gore-tex. I've liked my Merrell's and Timberland's.