addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Albuquerque Hiking and Outdoor Meetup Message Board › No shows on Meetup hikes--again

No shows on Meetup hikes--again

A former member
Dear Members,

The Sandia wilderness areas are now owned by the Sandia Pueblo and not the US Government.  The Sandia Pueblo is enforcing a group limit size of 10 on their land.  This means that all Meetup Sandia hikes have to enforce a strict 10 person limit.

Therefore, if you RSVP yes and fail to show up, you are denying another Meetup member of a pretty limited resource:  spots on one of our Sandia hikes.

Hike leaders, mindful of the limits, are frustrated with people who are "no shows" or who cancel so late that no one can reasonably take their spot.

So some of the leaders have started REMOVING people who have a record of being a NO SHOW.

Be advised that I *fully support* hike leaders who wish to remove attendees from their events based on past poor attendance.

I also *fully support* hike leaders who wish to remove attendees that, in their judgment:

1)  Are unfit for the hike

2)  Present some sort of danger to themselves or others

I am sorry about the change from our past, where no one cared very much about NO SHOWS, but it is a direct result of the imposition of the 10-person group limit.

--PeterM