addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Weekend Hikers...Plus Message Board › New Meetup: Mt Galbraith

New Meetup: Mt Galbraith

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Weekend Hikers...Plus!

What: Mt Galbraith
When: Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:00 AM

Where: Mount Galbraith Park
700 Jefferson County Parkway
Golden, CO 80401

How about a quick Sunday hike? I have a baby shower to attend, so let' go early.

This is one one of my favorites due to the incredible panoramic views and yet so close to Denver. The front side before the lollipop is steep so I hope there is not ice.

The address listed is the address for the Jeffco Open Space office. It is not for the trailhead.

Ward Road
Address: 4655 Ward Rd., Wheat Ridge
Directions to the park-n-ride: From 44th Ave. & Ward Rd., continue north on Ward Rd. approximately .22 miles, left into the park-n-Ride. We will plan on leaving this park-n-ride at 8:40 am.

Getting There
Take I-70 West to Exit 265. Take 58 to the intersection with 93. Turn right onto State Highway 93. Go about a mile and take Golden Gate Canyon Road (There is a sign) west approximately 1.5 miles to the parking area and trailhead.

The hike: This hike is what's know as a lollipop. You hike out 1.3 miles, do a loop (1.6 miles) and do the same 1.3 miles back. Elevation gain is about 500 ft. That makes for a total of 4.2 miles. We'll start this hike around 9:00 am.

Fido is allowed on his/her leash.

As the warmer weather continues (depending on the day) There are more hikers' and bikers'. So we should utilize the Park N Ride option as trailheads' have limited parking. If we see others on the trail, we are typically a large group. We should step off the trail to just be nice. Also when riding with others, please offer them gas money. It all helps promote fair and enjoyable experience. Questions or concerns, kimmykazu@gmail or 619-961-6044

Check it out!