Announcing a new Meetup for Bay Area Ridge Trail & More!
What: Ridge Trail dedication at Fernandez Ranch
When: Saturday, June 5,[masked]:00 AM
1100 Christie Road
Hercules, CA 94553
Saturday, June 5
10am - 2pm
Please join us to celebrate the official opening of the magnificent Fernandez Ranch property and 1.5 miles of NEW Ridge Trail
Welcoming ceremony, refreshments, carriage rides, hikes & more!
Purchased in 2005, 702-acre Fernandez Ranch has undergone a major restoration project. Highlights include a new staging area, picnic areas, 156 ft. clear span bridge, large-scale creek restoration, more than 10,000 native plants and trees, 3.5 miles of multi-use trails including sections accessible to people with disabilities and an important new segment of the Bay Area Ridge Trail
. The property has only been available for docent-led tours, but will now be open to the public from dawn to dusk.
All trail users invited ? hikers, bikers and equestrians. Call ahead if you have a large horse trailer. Dogs are welcome at Fernandez Ranch, but are discouraged at this event.
10:30am Welcoming ceremony
11:30am Cake & refreshments
12?2pm Docent-led hikes and horse & carriage rides with Michael Muir of Access Adventure
Please bring refillable water bottle and bag lunch (snacks provided). Wear sturdy shoes.
* Restoration Overview Hike - 3.5 mile hike of new trail system and overview of restoration project
* Birding Hike - 2.75 miles exploration with some hills - bring binoculars
* Kids Trail Activity - Fun on the trail for all ages
* Trail Design Hike - 3 - 3.5 miles informal trail design workshop with the Bay Area Ridge Trail Council
* Pinole Watershed Hike - Explore Fernandez and connect to adjacent EBMUD lands, 6-8 miles with moderate to steep hills, great views, return late afternoon
* Bike Exploration - Enjoy the new Fernandez trails on a mellow bike ride - bring your own mountain bike
Please RSVP on Meetup.com - Bay Area Ridge Trail & More
Gate opens at 10:00am on June 5.Directions to Fernandez Ranch - Google Maps Event Invitation Postcard - PDF
Learn more here:http://hiking.meetup.com/594/calendar/13663105/