addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Ridge Trail & More Message Board › New Meetup: Hike, Camp, Maintain the Bay Are Ridge Trail

New Meetup: Hike, Camp, Maintain the Bay Are Ridge Trail

Morris O.
user 11737097
Orinda, CA
Announcing a new Meetup for Bay Area Ridge Trail & More!

What: Hike, Camp, Maintain the Bay Are Ridge Trail
When: Sunday, June 19, 2011 8:30 AM

Where: Sugarloaf Ridge State Park
2605 Adobe Canyon Rd
Kenwood, CA 95452
707-833-5712

This one brings me full circle. The last time I was at SugarLoaf, was in October, 2009, working on the Ridge Trail with the Volunteers for Outdoor California. On Saturday night a group of new people visited our camp fire, and it turned out they were part of a weekend that Hugo had organized with the Bay Area Ridge Trail and More Meet Up Group--which I had never heard of!Some of those people have been to several V-O-Cal weekends since then, and I have been to some of this group's Meet-Up events...

This year we arrive at Sugarloaf on Friday June 17, set up camp in the late afternoon, and stay through Sunday afternoon. V-O-Cal volunteers will perform much-needed trail maintenance on the Ridge Trail through Sugarloaf Ridge SP. It has been quite some time since any major maintenance has been done on this stretch of the Ridge Trail, so we will be providing some much-needed TLC. You all are invited to join us

The project Fact sheet is ­ HERE and you can register on ­ THIS PAGE on the V-O-Cal web site for as much of the weekend as you have available. Camping is free and I think you know how much the trails need our attention. Meals will be provided Saturday and Sunday.

If you have never done a V-O-Cal project before, you will be very pleasantly surprised to see how much fun we have and how much good trail work gets done!

There will be some other V-O-Cal projects later in the year, but this may be the only one on the Bay Area Ridge Trail...

Morris

Check it out!