addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Ridge Trail (RT) & More Message Board › Stepping Down

Stepping Down

A former member
This is approximately the 4 year anniversary of the group and the 2 year anniversary since I stopped being active in the group.  It also appears that I will continue to be inactive in the group for another 2 years approximately and so I decided its time to pass the baton.  Today, I officially step down as organizer of the group and give the group to Tom.

With Tom's permission,  I would like to be moved to Event Organizer status so as to complete my last event for the group (Big Bend National Park.)  Perhaps in 2 years, if I return, we can do this again.

Thanks to all who joined and shared on my journey through the Bay Area Ridge Trail & More.

Tom the group is yours.   Do with it as you wish and find best to do. Take care and best wishes.

You Ex-organizer, Hugo

Happy Halloween ;-)
A former member
Post #: 1
Hugo,

I only attended a handful of hikes, but as someone who joined this meetup before you hit 800 members, I would like to express my appreciation for your years of leadership.

It was your vision and coordination and good spirit that attracted so many (thousands, now!!) to this group. I had so much fun every time, and met so many awesome folks on the trail. Thank you for your dedication and love. Hope you're on your way to bigger and greater things.

Tomoko
Paul
user 3315672
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
Hugo

Thanks so much for all your hard work in putting this group together and running it for the last four years. You obviously hit on a formula that many, many people enjoy. Hiking plus beer, who knew?! ;-)

I've personally had many great hiking and camping experiences with your group, and met lots of great people, many of which I'm now pleased to call friends.

Hope to see you hiking again in the Bay Area sometime soon.

All the best,

Paul
Edmond
user 8045902
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 12
Hugo,
Thanks for starting the BART meetup. I really enjoyed you showing me all the places in the Bay Area I didn't know existed. Completing the BART trails was an inspiration and motivation for me and hopefully I'll finish it this year.

Hope you will continue to organize camping/hiking trips, especially internationally as they have always been a lot of fun.

Edmond
RZ
user 4734436
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 14
Thanks Hugo for the planning, time, effort, patience and camaraderie. Great job, always will be virtually present. Be well, Rafael.