Course fee: $6000
Language: Cantonese with English terminology
Registration:[masked] or [masked]
This course was approved for funding by the Reindustrialization and Technology Training Programme (RTTP): the actual course fee is $18000 but eligible participants will receive a grant of $12000 from the HKSAR government.
This two-day course is designed for anyone who is interested in Blockchain technology or would like to develop career in the Blockchain sector. It will explore the details of Blockchain and its application, implementation, and security concerns. It provides hands-on training for participants to design, build, deploy, and test a decentralised Blockchain application built on the R3 Corda platform.
Note: for less technical-intensive course and more focus on use cases — see https://bit.ly/2Br9TAP
• • • COURSE OUTLINE • • •
• An introduction to the fundamentals of computer cryptography and network security as pertains to Blockchain.
• Explore the fundamentals of consensus in a decentralized network. In-depth analysis of Blockchain consensus models.
• Understand the problems with scalability in decentralized networks. In-depth analysis of alternate proposals by Ethereum and rivals.
• Examine the latest application of cryptographic primitives to address issues of anonymous and privacy for Blockchain.
• Discuss the cutting edge research, development, and other radical proposals in consensus mechanisms.
• Provide a comprehensive overview of smart contracts. Explore how they are implemented in various platforms.
• This is an intensive applied workshop where students will develop a comprehensive understanding of Blockchain engineering by designing, building, deploying, and test a decentralized application built on the R3 Corda platform.
• • • ABOUT • • •
About Hong Kong Productivity Council:
The Hong Kong Productivity Council (Chinese: 香港生產力促進局), or HKPC (Chinese: 生產力局) is a multi-disciplinary organisation which is tasked with promoting and assisting the Hong Kong business sector through the introduction of more efficient and updated business and technological methods. The HKPC and its subsidiaries provide a consultancy and technological development services in manufacturing technology, information technology, environmental technology and management systems to more than 3,000 companies annually.
About Hong Kong Blockchain Society:
The Hong Kong Blockchain Society (Chinese: 香港區塊鏈學會), or HKBCS (Chinese: 港鏈會) promotes sustainable and mature of the blockchain ecosystem through education and training, and academic/industry/government collaborations. HKBCS encourages and supports projects that are legal and compliant in Hong Kong and the surrounding region.
About the Instructor:
Dr. Lawrence Ma taught mathematics at the National University of Singapore for several years before moving into quantitative finance and risk management with think tanks and consulting firms such as the American Bourses Corporation and Bain & Company. He is founder and CEO of eMALI.IO Limited, and is currently serving on the Expert Committee Society of CUFE Beston Blockchain Research Center (中央財經大學大信區塊鏈研究中心) in Beijing. Dr. Ma studied mathematics at Yale University (B.A.), Stanford University (M.S.), and Cornell University (Ph.D.) in the United States.
About the Teaching Assistant:
Gabriel Chan is a sought-after Blockchain technical consultant who works with local and international teams on enterprise Blockchain and DLT applications for a variety of industries. He has written numerous papers and contributed to books about Blockchain design patterns, particularly in crypto economics, governance, and self-sovereign identity. He has frequently been interviewed by television and print media from Hong Kong and the Mainland of China regarding legal and regulatory compliance with respect to Blockchain.