addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Urban Homesteaders Meetup Group Message Board Chickens & Other Farm Animals › La Mesa Chicken Ordinance

La Mesa Chicken Ordinance

Kerina
KerinaB
La Mesa, CA
Post #: 74
Hi All,

My name is Kerina and I am new to the group. We live in La Mesa and have 4 adorable chickens (illegal at the moment) which we would like to keep. The La Mesa zoning law for our area currently does not allow chickens. However, there is a provision in the new zoning law that would allow chickens, but only if the City Council votes to move forward on it. The La Mesa City Council will be considering the ordinance change (in favor of chickens) at tomorrow's City Council meeting (10/8 at 4:00pm). If any of you live in La Mesa and can attend the meeting to show the City Council that there is strong interest in allowing us to have chickens, please come to the meeting if you can! If not, contact me and let me know you interest and I will try to convey to the Council how important this issue is to it's residents. Thanks so much! La Mesa City Council Meeting Agenda