addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

hong kong art group Message Board › how about share a piece of your recent work?

how about share a piece of your recent work?

sam sam h.
user 76894682
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 1
Just wonder if anyone interest to share their art work, or idea? what about some regular(or not as regular) meeting for example everyone bring a piece of their recent art work, simply just show it to the other member, tell everyone the story/idea behind, and we all discuss at it. It could be very simple, innocent and non commercial little gathering and just to let the idea roll. The purpose can be for relaxation, kill time in a Saturday afternoon with tea and art or to learn from others. What do you think?
Zaiton
user 56236572
Hong Kong, HK
Hi, am Zaiton. Really like your ideas. Do you think this get together will have a benefit to other artists?
Thank you.
A former member
hi everyone!

i'm not a professional, and neither am i trained in the visual arts but i like art... this idea sounds great! will be in hong kong until july this year for my exchange programme. i'd love to attend the meet up if it materializes and i'm free!

- des
sam sam h.
user 76894682
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 2
Right, sounds good some of you are interested to art piece sharing. I guess it will be good for someone who is really interested in art and to open the eyes of seeing others work. How beneficial to the personal development, this should depend on one self’s effort of looking at other works. Should we make a meeting of this, where we should do, I am thinking of doing it in an internal public space in one of the University for example City University, well with cup of tea with you. How about before Chinese New Year? What do you think Jennifer?
Jennifer F.
user 12717766
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 13
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your suggestion and I think it's a good idea. If you would like it to take place, the best thing is to schedule the meetup with a specific date and venue. Members will then join if they're interested. The bar, 'Joyce is not here' on Peel street (http://www.joycebaker...­, may also be an option- I think they open their venue on Tuesday eveniings for designers and photography sessions- you can book the place for the night- Last time I asked I think everyone just needs to buy a drink (which they provide a discount on). A slightly more central location may entice more members, although a public space wouldn't require as much organisation, commitment or cost smile
So, Sam, I think you can take the leap and host your own event here- simply click on 'Schedule a Meetup' at the top of the page and the rest is quite straightforward. You don't need to fill in all the fields right now (date, location etc) but it will give you a better idea of how many people are interested (I usually expect 30% no-shows though).
Hope this helps, and best of luck! Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Jenny