Hoodlums Message Board › Five good reasons for Haskell programmers to attend ~ "Functional Progr
|A former member||
BONUS! BONUS! Use the promo code "QUANT" and save 30% off the already low price for this event.
Five good reasons to attend if you are a functional programmer (even in a language other than F#, such as Haskell, Scala, Clojure, Ocaml, Erlang):
1) Connect with other functional programmers. Network! It's not only F# programmers attending this event.
2) Come and see how F# is being used in finance. Plenty of lessons at this event for programmers in other functional languages.
3) See how functional programming is being used in Machine Learning, Parallel Programming, Big Data and the Cloud.
4) The event is also hosting a recruitment faire for functional programmers. Whether you are looking for functional programming talent, or looking to break into functional programming as a career move, this event is the place to be.
5) Meet Don Syme, inventor of F#! Super smart guy. Ask questions. Find answers.
Subject: "Functional Programming / F# in Finance", New York, Wed 11th Dec 2013 / London, Mon 25th Nov 2013 (www.FSharpInFinance.com)
Announcing: The "F# in Finance" conference hosted by Microsoft in London and New York featuring F#'s inventor, Don Syme, and many more well know faces from the F# community, covering financial Big Data, Cloud computing, GPU compute acceleration, machine learning in finance, and F# in trading, risk, and compliance ... finance done the functional way!
Who should attend: If you are interested in functional programming as it applies to finance (and also insurance too), this event is for you. With a great line up of speakers you will see how F# and the functional way of programming are being used in finance, and what the benefits are. Whether you are on the trading desk, middle office, risk & compliance, in the back office, or on "mahogany row" (management!), you will see how functional programming is being used in finance, particularly F#, and have the opportunity to network with practitioners in finance who are using, or are looking to use, the functional way of programming to solve financial problems. Quicker, better and faster! Quicker to develop. Better to maintain. And often faster to run.
Why you should attend: This event is at the intersection between cutting-edge technology and cutting-edge finance, and functional programming is very much on the rise in finance. This is one technology wave you will want to catch and not let pass you by. Start paddling now! See you at "F# in Finance".
Details: This event is being run in both London and New York on these dates, pick whichever location is the most convenient. And please be sure to pass on details to anyone you know who may be interested.
+ London / Mon 25th November 2013 / https://fsharplondon2...
+ New York / Wed 11th December 2013 / https://fsharpnyc2013...