addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 16
We have created a Facebook WordPress Group. We will meet once per month on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.

https://www.facebook....­

While I have joined it, I question the utility of a Facebook group when we already have Meetup. As noted, there are members of the community who do not use Facebook.

We have contacted the organizers to get some teaching/learning meetings going and nobody has ever replied to even posts here on this site. The organizers have bouncing emails or do not reply. I am suggesting meetups because only the organizers can publish them, and for ease of communication, we made a facebook page to be able to easily see and reply to messages and contact each other.
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 18
We could start another WordPress meetup group. There is a cost but we could ask Automattic if they would help with it or we could chip in and pay it. For 6 months it costs $72.
Shawn K. Q.
skquinn
Houston, TX
Post #: 12
While I have joined it, I question the utility of a Facebook group when we already have Meetup. As noted, there are members of the community who do not use Facebook.

We have contacted the organizers to get some teaching/learning meetings going and nobody has ever replied to even posts here on this site. The organizers have bouncing emails or do not reply. I am suggesting meetups because only the organizers can publish them, and for ease of communication, we made a facebook page to be able to easily see and reply to messages and contact each other.

Ah, it makes sense now. Thanks.
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 19
I was listening to this podcast today. This may have some tips on our meetup.
WPCandy Roundtable #3: WordPress Meetup Discussion with 4 co-organizers
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 20
Are we still meeting on February 12th? If so, where?

I was researching a location and found the Houston Public Library Heights location has a meeting room that will hold up to 148 people. If you want to find out more information you can contact the branch at 832-393-1810.
Boaz A.
user 9994290
Houston, TX
Post #: 9
Thanks for the link to these PodCasts
Roy R.
user 10452695
Cypress, TX
Post #: 4
Rick, here is what is posted on Facebook group page found here: https://www.facebook....­ .
"For the Feb 12 meeting, here is the Proposed syllabus: Starting at 630 at the LOOSCAN library, 2510 Willowick Rd Houston, TX 77027, (832) 393-1900. The room is upstairs: Take the stairs, go all the way left and down the end of the hall to the last room on the right."
Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 21
Rick, here is what is posted on Facebook group page found here: https://www.facebook....­ .
"For the Feb 12 meeting, here is the Proposed syllabus: Starting at 630 at the LOOSCAN library, 2510 Willowick Rd Houston, TX 77027, (832) 393-1900. The room is upstairs: Take the stairs, go all the way left and down the end of the hall to the last room on the right."

I never saw this because I don't have a Facebook account. I can't access the information without an account but I don't plan on getting one either.
David L.
PoiemaDesign
Katy, TX
Post #: 5
Hi Rick-

One of the reasons we use FB is because so many of our clients and developers and designers are on FB. Plus, in a dedicated FB group, we can post tutorials, videos, etc. In fact we have a number of Google Docs and streaming videos on the FB group currently.
Chris O.
Chris_Olbekson
Houston, TX
Post #: 4
One of the reasons we use FB is because so many of our clients and developers and designers are on FB. Plus, in a dedicated FB group, we can post tutorials, videos, etc. In fact we have a number of Google Docs and streaming videos on the FB group currently.

I missed this also because I don't use Facebook and refuse to. Keeping this new group on Facebook is going to limit it. If you need help on making this an official (not meetup.com but wordpress.org ) meet up group there are resources available at http://make.wordpress...­ You can also contact Andrea Middleton from the WordPress foundation about getting all expenses taken care of.

Also there is no reason why another WordPress meetup.com meetup group can't be started.