addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Houston WordPress Meetup Group Message Board The Houston WordPress Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Presentation Topic Suggestion

Presentation Topic Suggestion

Rick A.
texbiker
Kingwood, TX
Post #: 9
I would like to hear from people who run WordPress or have clients they support. It is interesting to hear their successes and problems. I want to learn from both.

I have three WordPress sites I maintain.
www.texbiker.net
http://3mailat.com...­
www.freedomatrisk.net

One challenge I have is maintaining an event calendar on Texbiker.net. I gather events from many sources and inputting them into WordPress takes time. Changes and recurring events pose problems as well. The other two are low maintenance ones.
Terri G.
user 13474634
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
Re your events calendar, I'm using the Google Calendar Events plugin and like it. I can give several people "write" access to the Google Calendar, which allows them to add/edit events without having to get into the WP dashboard. And you have choices re how to display events in your WP site (e.g., as a calendar or list of events).

I'd like to hear presentations on Multisite and BuddyPress.

Thanks lots for keeping this group going!

Terri
Terri G.
user 13474634
Houston, TX
Post #: 2
TexBiker, here are some other Calendar plugins to consider: http://www.webdesigne...­